• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission]
    I am lying on my back, watching as the thick winter clouds blow across the sky. They make the most fantastic shapes. One looks like a fish, and that one there looks like a flying horse.

I blink, and it takes me a moment to realize that its not a cloud after all, but an actual flying horse.

Not Mother, I know, but rather Uncle Castile, probably soaring on the thermals that Mother has told me exist above the hills, in part due to the boiling springs.

For a while I watch him circling with the same mindless fascination with which I had been watching the clouds. He banks quickly though, disappearing behind the high hills, and I wonder if he has found something interesting. Checking to be sure Mother is not watching, I roll to my feet and head in the direction on the hills behind which the black and white pegasus had vanished.

It takes me quite a bit longer on foot, but I arrive just in time to hear someone say that they have brought me gifts. Gifts! I break through the underbrush (looking a bit windblown and out of breath) but the idea of gifts is quite exciting. Have I ever gotten a gift before?

"Hello!" I say to the strange, smiling widely before glancing up at Uncle Castile. He is getting shorter, I decide, or I am getting taller. I hope it is the latter. "I'm Lepis," I add for the stranger, who smells of warm water and flowers even in this chilly season.

Messages In This Thread
    Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Hod - 03-03-2018, 09:28 PM
    RE: Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Lepis - 03-12-2018, 09:26 AM