• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Rodrik.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Funny, that his own breed of darkness prevents him from dreaming, whereas my own chastises me for doing anything but. Such intricate things, these demons of ours, catering to the complex fibers that combine to make us us. Like little handmade dolls, molded to sit perfectly just behind our withers, always guiding our eyes, guiding our legs, guiding the decisions we make.

The weight behind my shoulders is heavy as I gaze at him; daring me to back down now.

His face (bloody, as he has often left others), is free of tears, but I do not miss how they pool ever so slightly in his bruise-dark eyes. I loved her, too. As if he cannot continue to, even after death. The light in me balks at this, demands that he change his tense, spiraling as I imagine my own father perishing. Would I cease to love him, then? The good left inside of me screams no. Screams that Rodrik is wrong to have loved his mother.

But I am not here because of the good inside of me. That girl lost control long ago, and I shove her pitiful, mewling voice to the side. I will love who I will love. And Rodrik can do the same.

Yes, I trust you.
    I step forward, closing the distance between us. Our eyes catch, and the hue of mine darkens.
    "Then close your eyes."

My mouth presses to his shoulder the moment he obliges me, and instantly there is a terrible sensation of falling. I grit my teeth against the weightless feeling, stepping closer to Rodrik so that I do not break contact with his mutilated skin. I don't dare open my eyes to view the portal that leads me to the dream-world, knowing that it could distract me into losing my subject in the Abyss.

Our centers of gravity are suddenly reestablished, and I break our connection with a loud gasp.

"...You said you trusted me," I rasp, chest heaving. "Don't go back on that now." Tearing my eyes from his, I take in our surroundings (always a surprise to me, although I can manipulate them). Beneath our hooves, pebbles are strewn, broken rock sculptures dotting the barren landscape. My eyes strain to see farther than several yards, a thick fog handicapping our peripheral vision - as dreams are wont to do. I slide a hoof forward, ears perked, wondering what else there --

-- There is before us, suddenly, a small obelisk, about twice or three times our height. I frown at its materialization, glancing back to Rodrik to gauge his reaction. When I look back to the structure, its surface is no longer rock, but instead a non-material holograph across which images rapidly fly. I catch sight of a jungle, a mountain, a river, a mare, blood. My breath curls around my face as I step closer to Rodrik.

"Lead the way."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

Uh so, welcome to dream land: think Treasure Planet/Marnia kinda deal :| My purpose was to get Rodrik exactly where he didn't want to be lol, without wounds and maybe in the Chamber or the Jungle, wherever honestly. Rodrik has control over the dream as well (because Kag magic) so feel free to do, manipulate, change, etc, whatever you want. >Smile Also Kag can bring up the image of any horse as long she she's seen them or if Rodrik has seen them. I.e Kagerou or Rayelle orrrr one of the people he killed... >Smile
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rodrik. - by Kagerus - 03-10-2018, 05:42 PM