• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL

Voices. They caught the wind (picking up every once and a while, bringing with it a nip of chill) and wove their way around Saedís long, slender legs, winding up the satiny black that faded to storm grey, to dappled silver, to bone white, until they met her ears. With a soft huff, Saedís turned her pretty head, and the young mare was in motion.

Her steps were springy, bubbly, and bouncing with youth. Her gait was fluid, dance like, but elevated due to the spark of spirit brought to her by the sea-salt in the air. Bright eyes peering beneath a long glitter-white forelock, she found the source of the unfamiliar voices until she could make out the words. It was an unusual gathering. A winged stallion of unusual color appeared the center of their attention. Majestic, magnificent, noble. He captivated her, caused Saedís to draw in a breath of crisp air. From his words, she gathered he must be the one her friend, Wound, had spoken so highly off. Warrick.

Saedís tipped her head, watching, watching, as the scene unfolded. There are others who linger as she does, on the outskirts of the meeting – with the indecision of newcomers in their eye. Saedís – with her wanderer-soul had taken some time getting used to Tephra as her home, her eyes had admired the great volcano in the distance, until the smell of fire and brimstone made her turn away again to her beloved sea. For her heart is a gull-heart, and to the sea´s edge she has always longed to return. This, and her two newfound friends is what has made her decide to give Tephra a chance. She wonders if there are others like her, with the same sea-longing in their eyes; other children of water left parched upon the earth.

Perhaps it was this that made her finally approach.

”Hello” she offered as she approached, a warm, soft smile written across her face. The starshine mare stopped only once she was in their midst.  ”I am Saedís – new to Tephra. Wound brought me here.”

She seeks the eyes of the winged stallion, imploring him with her own gaze.

”I would like to offer up to help with the diplomatic tasks of your kingdom.”

It was really all she had to offer – for to anyone who laid eyes upon the soft stretch of ethereal starshine and innocence of her face – it is unquestionably clear that Saedís will never belong on a battlefield.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL - by Saedìs - 02-10-2018, 01:56 PM