• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You are My Sunshine [Amorette]
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Kolera is quick to step forward and reassure him (as if she knew exactly where his resentment was stemming from, and how to quell it) that she and Kryptic were the only ones that remained, while Karaugh’s presence is now merely a stale scent on the breeze. Her tone matches his, meeting him with a gaze that is steady and molten - she is strong, she had been ever since he met her as a young filly, and he is not surprised to see that strength before him now. She does not quiver in his presence, nor does she shy away from the sharp angles that harden the auburn lines of his face. She meets him head on, determined and resilient. It is for that reason he hopes that she has come to find him to tell him that she will stay amongst Tephra’s ranks, and blossom under his care instead of her mother’s.

But he does not voice this - not yet - and lets the woman have her say. Her apology is not surprising, but he is not expecting it. She hadn’t needed to give him an explanation. The situation had been delicate and dealt with poorly, and despite his intuition about Karaugh, he does not blame Kolera for her wish to see her mother. “It’s in the past,” he replies, a softening of his gaze now creating a more charming look on his features, smoothing out the ruffled feathers with a flick of the lithe bone against his body. Kolera mentions the boy - and for a moment Warrick had forgotten about him - and so he turns his gaze upon him, curled beneath the supple curve of Amorette’s neck, just as the dark woman bends to ease him with gentle whispers.

“It remains as it always has - a child will not be punished for the sins of their parent. And if she attempts to take him from us, she will find no mercy from me. He is Tephra’s, now.”

A bit more relaxed at the notion that Kolera would be staying in his country, the stallion steps forward and turns his attention to her, reaching forward to gently touch his muzzle to her own. “I am glad you decided to stay here with us, Kolera.” With me, he doesn’t add. The bay and navy stallion carries a piece of his heart for Kolera, in his eyes she is still the tiny filly he met so many years ago.
    Warrick

@[Amorette]
    @[Kolera]

Messages In This Thread
    You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kryptic - 01-08-2018, 10:34 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-10-2018, 08:26 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-13-2018, 04:10 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-15-2018, 08:15 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-18-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Warrick - 01-18-2018, 06:33 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-20-2018, 08:49 PM