• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A God's Creation [Dante]

Running
    She had been running until she couldn't run anymore.  Her sister's cries rang in her ears.  The concerned tone of her mother's questioning. What happened?! What did you do Deiti? That's all she could hear.  

When her legs tired and her lungs gasped for air she slowed.  Not knowing where or how far she had gone.  Tears clouded her eyes as she whispered, "I'm sorry Embark... I'm sorry."  Leaning against a pillar of rough bark, she wondered what had.  Something had gone wrong and now mom and dad would be mad at her.  

Once her breathing quieted, her icey blue eyes rose to find a strange hue of yellow and orange on the horizon.  Her gaze casts out to the far reaches of her view as she finds it breathtaking. It tempts her to come closer but a small voice in the back of her mind tells her to turn around.  

Go home Deiti 

The filly of charcoal and sapphire remains leaning against the solitaire tree.  She so often wished to venture from the safety of their home but it was unallowed.  You are to never go into the forests of autumn or near the sea. Her and her sister knew not what her father was referring to.  She only assumes this was those forests in the distance.  What lie within them must be dangerous so she did not step another hoof nearer.  She simply observed.  Technically she wasn't breaking any rules so as long as she remained among the hills.  The light was dimming from the sky and soon it would be night so she figured it'd be best to begin her journey home.  She turns around to look in the direction she came... Was it this way, or...that way. Her brow furrows in frustration.  Ebony muzzle lowers to the terrain to find her scent but she was having a hard time figuring it out.  Blue eyes look for familiar landmarks but nothing stands out in her mind.  In desperation she whimpers a weak, "Help!"

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Dante] maybe a knight in shiny armor will come save her Wink XD
    We cast a long shadow, sucking all the cold beneath
      He does not care for boundaries, for limitations.

His legs carry him wherever his whim does desire, and despite the heavy, acid-laced warning of his mother to steer clear of what was not his own, he goes wherever he pleases. She did not want him going too far until he is grown – until she has shown him the hunt; but she is not at all aware that he is is the hunt. The sunlight cannot reach him in the dark shadow of the woodland, and he is bored of the splendor of scarlet and gold and he is tired of darkness. She warned him not to go north, and so naturally, it is north that he chooses to go – venturing to betray the promise he had made to her; daring to disobey the one who had given him life (the one who could take it away, without sorrow, without shedding a single tear).

The excellence that he does find just beyond the border is enough to take his breath away, if only for a moment. A sweeping valley of rolling hilltops, with the shadow of copious boulders to dot the landscape – it goes as far as the eye can see, and it is not at all like the density of the forest he is so used to. It is not at all like anything he has seen, and the wicked smile drawn to his lips is as youthful as it is insidious. Moving seamlessly through the thicket, he pursues the boundary line, never crossing it but terribly tempted to do so. A glance is thrown over his shoulder – had his mother followed him?

Would Thana know her only son had crossed into the northern kingdom; to where she knew Ivar kept his domicile? Little did he know the doubt she held in her chest when she looked upon the spawn expelled from her womb. With vivid darkness of his red eye color, he could belong to Gryffen, the one and only she had ever desired to bear young for – but with the sheathing of scales across his youthful hide, and the sharpness of his teeth, he could belong to Ivar. The one she had shed blood with; the one she had taken the seed of with no pleasure of her own to speak of.

She knew the red eye was not enough to secure the thought of Gryffen being his father.

(in her mind, he does not belong to Gryffen at all – he is a monster, like Ivar, and born with the dark red eye that could be from her own father, Offspring – and Gryffen is nothing at all to him, but she can pretend - they can pretend).

But Dante does not know any of the truth hidden behind his mother’s sharp tongue and harsh lashing.

He only knows that what he is told he cannot do, he surely must.

It is not long until the scent of another envelopes him, luring the predator inside of him out, stirring a craving he does not understand and cannot comprehend. His dark roving eye traces the silhouette of her body (small, lithe – he could take her, he could take her, but why?). He does not understanding the yearning coiled inside of his belly, but it pulls him closer to her, and her soft whimper and plea only serves to strengthen his instinct to –

(drown her)

What?

”Are you lost?” he muses quietly, with a subtle smile tugging at his lips. Wide-eyed and curious, he is nothing more than a charming boy stumbling across a frightened girl. A beautiful girl. She is dark and lovely; and almost ethereal in a way he cannot describe. He is too young to understand the stirring inside of his belly (the butterflies – and despite his instinct to destroy her, he also longs to protect her, and thus he is torn). ”Don’t be scared; where are you from? My name is Dante.”

The devil reborn.
    DANTE
    but there’s a reason a killer is a lover with a knife in its teeth
    @[Deiti]

Lost

It is the only thought captured in her mind as she looks with sapphire eyes left then right.  A fluttering in her chest of panic and uncertainty.  She had never felt these things before now.  She was always the braver sister.  The instigator.  Putting her cream speckled sister in harm's way more than once.  She couldn't tell if these feelings inside her was due to her being misplaced or for disobeying her parents.  Surely they would be mad she had run off.  On top of having hurt her sister.  

Dark, slender forelimbs pace nervously in place as she contemplates which route to try.  That is when she hears a rustle amongst the colorful forests.  Followed quickly by catechised words.  

One charcoal ears twists to it's source faster than her face can swivel around to view it.  Delicate chiseled face follows though, as does her icey gaze.  Startled and alert they examine him.  His masked face looking much like her father with silver tendrils fluffed along his crest.  Weird she thinks with a rise to one brow before she retorts, "No! I'm not lost." With a tiny huff of air she looks back to her possible routes home.  Her heart and angered features quickly melting into despair. He insinuates she scared and perhaps she was, but she wasn't revealing her plight to him.  He was on the forest side of the border after all. "I am NOT scared. And I am from here obviously... My daddy said I shouldn't talk to strangers." She pauses in thought before turning to him again, "Especially strangers from that forest..." Her tiny muzzle points to the canopy of red and gold.

"But if I was lost it's not like you'd know how I get home anyhow... Right...?" Doubt consumes her final thought.  Maybe he would know.  Most likely not but maybe.  With a slight eye roll she adds begrudgingly, "I'm Deiti.  Can you help me get home?" Her tone simmers to a soft plea.  The big girl act wasn't working as she looked upon his charming face.  They were of the same age and proportionality the same size so her fears of him hurting her lessened the more she studied him.  

The mismatching of his eyes intruiged her to turn in his direction and willing her a step closer.  A soft sheen covered his lower half.  Being inquisitive by nature her blue eyes are drawn to his side.  An overlapping pattern of small dark scales were blotted about his exterior.  Tipping her crown in confusion which was soon followed by her limbs.  "What happened to you?" She asked with slight concern hidden amongst curiousity.  Bending in closer to have another look.  Nearly forgetting for the moment she was lost and with a strange boy from the forest...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Dante] Shes a mess of emotions... Typical girl lol