• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A God's Creation [Embark, Any]

In the weeks that followed her arrival here she had only known her family.  Her proclaimed mother, father and sister.  Knowing not the deeper meaning of the titles.  Nor how she really fit in to them.  Oblivious to the perils of their pasts...

Living life as though nothing was different she often seeked out her sister for companionship.  Knowing no one else in the home they shared she was satisfied with spending her days alongside her cream colored sibling.  They were very different in appearance but had more in common then you'd have guessed.  Their eyes, one of fire and the other of ice.  Their coats, one of light and the other of darkness.  Each was the product of torture and rape.  Neither knew, so they lived their lives happy and carefree...

She was wandering outside the cavern they called home.  Muzzle lowered, lipping at the soft grasses underfoot.  Coming across a flower here and there.  Each of different hues but the bees jumped from one to the other without a preference.  Sky blue eyes watched as their little fat bodies bounced about.  Watching them curiously as they shuffle their tiny legs with a slight wabble.  She giggles happily as she bounds off after one.  Venturing slightly farther than she probably should...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Embark] thought they could have some sister time or if anyone else wants to jump in Smile

Embark

A child's mind is an innocent wonderland. Embark knows nothing of where she came from, or how she was created. When she awoke to find another child next to her, she figured it was just her sister, who had been late to arrive to the family. As far as she was concerned, Imperial was her father, Kuma was her mother, and Deiti was her sister, coming straight from the same place she had a few weeks before.

Summer brings her home to life. She enjoys frolicking with her sister and exploring new places, as so many children do, but under the watchful eyes of her mother and father, can't seem to get a chance to go much of anywhere. Today she follows Deiti, who tends to lead the adventures the two fillies have despite Embark being a bit older. Mama was enjoying Loess' sweet grass and warm sun, and dad was doing...well, whatever it was dads tend to do.

Embark bounces through the colorful flora around their cavern, disturbing the bees who try to pollinate there. Deiti is watching from the sidelines until finally she decides to chase one. The golden girl giggles softly, following after her. When she notices how far her sister has wandered though, she stops, looking back to Mama who is at this point a pinprick on the horizon.

"D-Deiti?" She stutters, eyes filled with worry. "I think we should go back." She tries to heed her mother's warnings about wandering too far from their cave. Although she wasn't sure why it should be avoided, she was still very young and didn't want to disobey.

No, that would come later in her life...

Sugar and Spice

@[Deiti] Yay sister time! Embark is a nervous Nelly...for now >:]

Thoughts were left to wander and so her limbs followed.  Passing through the tree line that surrounded the field in which they played.  Innocently trailing behind the bee that led her farther from her mother.  Soon the tiny flying insect soars upwards and she stops.  Blue eyed gaze following it until it is no more.  

Just before her hooves reached the cooler shadows of the forest she had heard her sister giggle.  Following closely behind her as Embark often did.  She got lost in her own ventures so easily that she forgot the warnings their parents gave.  Forgetting the rules they were to follow.  Stay near the cave. Don't go into the forests. As now, when Embarks plead for her to turn back reaches her mind not just her ears.  The concern in her cream sisters voice softens her features.  Embark was right.  They should head back before mother worries and before father finds out...

As she turns about her nose catches a scent on the breeze.  She has smelt it many times before but now it is stronger.  Not being able to place what it was or where it was coming from made her even more curious to what it was.  It was alluring to her, a natural draw if you will.  Tasting of salt and water.  Blue eyes flicker to the south.  A shadow catches her attention but soon is lost as to why.  She wants so badly to go that way but her sister face clouds her curiousity.  Black limbs begin to move her forwards.  Back towards the field of wild flowers, "I'm coming Embark..."

Deiti

@[Embark] I'm almost envisioning that @[Ivar] is in the forest watching them and that is what she smells.  If he should want to appear that might be fun Smile

Embark

Mother and father had warned her about the trees and the water. How her and sissy weren't to go near there, or they would be in trouble. Embark had only asked her mother once why she wasn't allowed to (a child is a curious creature after all). 

Her mothers emerald eyes went blank, as if she was imagining something. Their glazed, distracted look caused the young girl's head to tilt in curiosity, caused her to approach. She had touched her mother's shoulder delicately, trying to gain her attention. To her shock, mother backed up, ears flat against the crown of her head. 

"BAD things happen near the forests, Embark!" She had screamed, anger clouded her usually sweet composure. The pure volume of her mother's voice caused the filly to burst into tears and run, straight under the dark legs of her father. 

"Go play." He told her with a comforting nuzzle, before walking over to talk to mother, who was shaking against the wall of their cave. 

That was the first and last time she had ever asked. 

So when Deiti finally peels herself from the tree line, she feels relieved. 

"C'mon sissy! Let's play tag!" She grins, running towards her sibling and nipping at her dark shoulder. "You're it! Catch me if you can!" She shouts. Embark sticks out her tongue playfully before bounding through the flowers, away from her sister. 

Sugar and Spice

@[Deiti] Kuma has some PTSD issues so if you want to power play that into your posts feel free to Smile

Ice blue gaze lingers in the shadows for a moment more.  She was so sure there was something more out there. Come sissy. Let's play tag... Her sister's energetic words cause her to pick up her pace.  Long, slender limbs carry her swiftly thru the brush and onto the soften grasses of the field.  Mother watches as they race amongst the flowers.  The ancient bloodlines coursing through her veins gives her speed and stamina.  Quickly she finds herself at her sister cream and honey speckled buttocks.  Eyes narrow on one of her many spots across her rump.  Neck extends to bring her charcoal lips to Embarks hide.  Nipping her gently...

Ouch! Embark cries aloud.  The sharp rise in her voice startles her to stop the chase before she can yell your it. Confusion crosses her face as Embark has stopped as well.  Her sister's cream face turns to view the spot that was nipped.  A red liquid begins to seep from the small laceration.  Coming to her sisters side she too looks to the wound.  Shock apparent on her face as Embark cries for mother to come.  "I'm sorry Embark.  I didn't mean to hurt you.  Don't cry.  You'll make mother worry," she nearly pleads before mother makes it to their aide.  

What happened?! Deiti what did you do to your sister?

"We were just playing tag.  I tagged her like I always do.  I don't know what happened.  I'm sorry momma.  Don't tell Daddy please!" Her eyes find the bleeding spot that her mother now tends to.  Dark limbs backing her away from them.  A tear forming in the corner of her blue eyes.  She spins around on her hunches and runs off towards the treeline in which she had came...

Deiti

@[Embark] so in her excitement her sharp teeth form and cut Embark. Hope it's ok I power played Kuma into it too

Embark

Pain is something foreign to her. Save for the occasional stumble or scraped knee, she has never felt real pain. The type that brings forth tears the moment it happens, the type that lingers for days, weeks, even months.

Embark tends to start the games of tag. Deiti always catches up rather quickly, but today, something is different. When she turns her golden head to look back at her smiling sister, the light that glimmers off of those razor sharp teeth alarms her. The canines pierce her skin soon afterwards, causing her to leap forward in shock.

Surprise, fear, pain.

She stops, looks back. A gasp escapes her little lips at the sight of something she has yet to see before - blood. The crimson liquid drips down her honey coat, and without hesitation, she begins to sob. Her intention wasn't to get her sister in trouble, she just didn't know what to do with the feelings boiling inside her. A glance to Deiti reveals those teeth, stained with her own blood.

And then mother is there, yelling more out of worry than anger. Worry for Embark, worry for the powers Deiti is forming. And then sister is bolting, to the forbidden trees.

"Deiti, no! I'm sorry!" Embark screeches, starting to bolt after her but stopped by the rush of wind that is her mother. Her speckled hide disappears into the forest, leaving Embark alone with her tears...

Sugar and Spice

@[Deiti] Okay so I thought maybe Kuma comes in after the encounter w/ Dante, and you could start with her coming back? If not let me know Smile

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

A kingdom never sleeps and so he had ventured to take part in a training exercise.  He wished to better himself for his family.  To be able to protect them from anything that went bump in the night.  So as he made his way back to their humble abode he was frightened to hear the sharp cry of Embark, Deiti no! I'm sorry!

A gut twisting feeling hit his insides as he lunged forwards.  The sweat of his training still slick on his ebony coat.  Hooves pounded the earth below him as he flew across the remainder of the distance between them.  Icey blue eyes spot the cream filly looking into the shadows of the trees.  Just catching the chestnut spotted hindquarters disappearing into the brush.  

Sliding to a halt beside his one daughter muzzle reaching down to touch the crest of her mane.  Drawing her tear filled face into his chest.  His voice bellows, "Kuma!  Come back!" He looks off into the trees for not more than a few seconds before his head is lowering to Embarks level.  Trying to keep his tone gentle for his daughter, "Embark what happened? Where's Deiti?" His immediate fear as Dynast had found her.  He wouldn't have imagined what he would hear from Embark as to what had took place.  That an innocent game had turned into blood shed.

His hope was that Kuma would appear at the edge of the treeline, Deiti in tow.  When it doesn't he worries for their safety.  Wanting to go find them but not willing to leave poor Embark alone. He waits...

Imperial

@[Kuma] if she wants to come back he can go look for her.  Or he can wait with Embark Smile

Embark

Mom had disappeared into the forest, leaving Embark alone. 

She had never been alone before. She looks around for a familiar sight, and as the tears fall hot and heavy down her cheeks, she lets out a squeaking yelp for someone, anyone, to come to her.

And that's when Dad appears, his dark silver coat wet with perspiration. Relief floods Embark's body as he pulls her tiny figure close to his chest. She buries herself into his warmth, wishing never to be alone again. 

"Embark, what happened? Where's Deiti?" He questions softly, as he so often does. Mother's past makes her a little less sweet when it comes to danger, but Dad is quick to keep his cool in the face of stress. 

"I-I don't know." She murmurs into his coat. And she really doesn't; mom had no powers, and neither did dad. Deiti's new, strange traits are foreign to her, so she really doesn't know what it is. "We were playing tag...and I turned around and she had these...these teeth, daddy. And she went to tag me and s-she BIT me really hard, and it hurt. And then s-she r-ran away and ma-mama chased after her." She stumbles over words as she tries to explain, but her thoughts are a jumbled mess. If she didn't have powers, and neither did mom or dad...

Where did Deiti get them from?

Sugar and Spice

@[Imperial]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

Embark trembles with fear and uncertainty against him and his mind runs off with what had happened in his short away.  He had known raising two children, two girls would have it's challenges but he didn't think it would happen so quickly.  No more than a couple months old.  His icey blue eyes look to his cream daughter as she stammers for an explanation.  She comes up with a description on the events and his eyes shift in thought.  Had this been what his sister had warned him about? Memories of that day surface and he is quick to shake them away.  The thick silver of his mane coming to rest again along his dark coat.  Gentling his voice to comfort the child, "It'll be alright Embark.  Mom will come back with your sister soon and everything will be just fine.  Let me see your owie." 

His eyes scanned along her hide and it doesn't take long for him to see a small wound along her carmel spots.  Brushing his velvet muzzle along her coat, he tries to comfort the scared foal.  Looking at it he decides it has stopped bleeding and all is superficial.  Softly he reassures her, "It looks to not be very deep... It should heal quickly.  Keep it clean though Embark.  No rolling in the dirt for a while." He smiles.  The light sister wasn't the kind to get dirty anyhow so he feared little that it would be an issue.  Bringing his apron face to tuck her into his chest, his eyes look into the shadows of the forest.  Hoping to see Kuma and Deiti break into the field at any moment...

Imperial

@[Embark] I'm not sure when Krys will be getting Dante words up so if we want to continue the timeline assuming Kuma finds Deiti and brings her back we can.  Or if you want to start a thread with just Kuma and Deiti that works too.  They can have some bonding time before coming home Smile

Embark

Dad's words seem to make everything better. The throbbing has yet to subside, but it isn't as bad now. Embark nods, head still placed firmly against his chest as he speaks. 

"Keep it clean...no rolling in the dirt for awhile." This causes the golden girl to giggle a little bit. He knew she wasn't much of a "playing in the mud" type of girl. She gives him a shove with the crown of her head in protest to his joke (she is, of course, trying to be sad after-all).

Embark has a side-eyed view of the forest; minutes feel like hours as she awaits Deiti and mama to emerge from the forbidden trees. She hoped they would come back, and alleviate the anxiety rumbling throughout her small frame. 

And then she sees her mother's patchy framework, with her sister trailing behind. She breathes a sigh of relief, and soon finds herself galloping towards the pair. "Deiti!" She shouts, tackling her sister to the ground. "Don't do that to me! You scared me!" She isn't thinking about the bite on her rump, or the forest behind them, she simply feels grateful for her sister's safe return. 

Sugar and Spice

@[Imperial] @[Deiti] I'm gonna post something where Kuma finds her Smile