• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep me up all night [Any Army]
    The kingdom was silent once more. Maybe, others were out on patrol and working to keep the kingdom safe and intact. The new queen had so far seemingly slipped away and the scent of birthing was in the air. Ardashir made sure not to stumble on any mare that may have been hiding in the brush with a new little life lest he be chased off or attacked. The sounds and smells of spring were all around new life sprung up on every inch of land it was given. Even the sea sprung to life with some of the animals that called the salty deep home climbing out onto the beach and making a racket with their barking.

Ardashir was still recovering but, he was doing far better than he had been when the kingdom meeting was called. He was moving better and the injuries on his legs were becoming deep pink striations on the lower half of his white body. The stallion swung his tail back and forth as he allowed himself a nice afternoon meal. His mind racing a bit here and there. He wanted to learn how to fight, and how to defend a home. Ard was not sure how long he would stay in this Kingdom of women and shadows. He had pledged to the army but, as it stood now that was almost laughable.

They had not been called to even mock with one another as yearlings. The young of this land had just been seemingly put out only for display sort of like saying,   look we have children here we are clearly doing ok as a kingdom. So, as he chewed a bit more he thought to himself. ‘ Well why not do something about it then?’ He snorted some and tossed his head back and forth. ‘ just go out and ask for training. If no one is going to teach you here. The pale boy flicked his ears some and looked around him. A long sigh passed his nostrils and he lifted his head then and called out for someone anyone.

“ I want to join the army and to do so I think I need to learn to fight. Who in this kingdom can teach me? Or should I go out and seek help elsewhere?” His voice was carried on the wind. He tried to keep that silvery tone to it and not make him sound like a begging child or an angry adult. The stagnation of the kingdom was getting to him but, there could have been things going on in the shadows that he did not know where happening. The kingdom might be active but, just out of his sight hiding from him for some reason and making him think of wondering off.
    Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    Starlin
    The grullo filly grazes atop the granite cliffs, picking through the rough seagrass in search of a more tender meal. The discovery of a patch of clover has her whuffling contentedly, at least until the sound of a disembodied voice reaches her ears. She raises her head quickly, a purple flower still dangling from her lips. No, not disembodied, but from farther down the cliff.

She recognizes Ardashir, but is not sure who he’s talking to. There doesn’t seem to be anyone nearby except Starlin herself. Was he talking to her? The lanky filly decides that he must be, and so she leaves her meal to approach. The heavy scars that she had seen on him at the kingdom meeting seem to be healing – probably the saltwater. It does good for wounds and scratches. Mother always has Starlin go soak after they spar, and while the water stings, she has also never suffered from an unwanted infection.

Ardashir asks about seeking help elsewhere, and Starlin tilts her head curiously. Queen Nayl had told them that @[City] would be organizing their training, and Starlin has waited patiently for the day that she would be called. In the meantime, she has passed her days sparring with mother, or racing along the beach to build up her endurance. She practices her bucks and rears while chest deep in the ocean, resistance training that strengthens her young muscles. She means to go and seek out the war leader of Hyaline soon, but there are ways to practice without a teacher.

Perhaps the white colt just doesn’t know what they are.

“I could mock with you,” she offers, “Or we could go find City, and ask her what to do.”
    grit & grace.
    He had been speaking to anyone around that might be able to hear. The stallion stood and listened a moment. He thought back on his time here in the coastal home how he had played with the driftwood on the beach picking it up and tossing it around. He had kicked at his toys and stomped on them in that childlike play that could lead to more important things as he had grown. He snorted lightly and thought more about his childhood in the kingdom that his mother had brought him to.

Ardashir could not fault the mare he called mother; she had taken him in when he was hers to take. She taught him of his home and of the small joys of just laying in the green meadows, or on the sunny beach. Tarvelie had tried to mold the pale boy into a fine young stallion and he had seemingly thrown it all back into her face. He was always moody and filled with a wonderlust. He lowered his head some missing the dun mare with her white wings and, how he wished that she would wrap him up in them once more.

His ears swung up and forward as he heard a voice and he silently cursed himself for a moment at missing the sounds of someone approaching. He was met with the sight the grullo painted filly Starlin. He raised his head and offered a greeting to her with a nod. She offered to mock with him and he felt the corners of his mouth lift. It was a step a small step but, one that could lead to bigger and better things.

“ Starlin.” He sighed and took a moment to straighten, “ I think that would be a good idea. Two two of us should test and teach. I think we could have much to learn from each other.” He bowed his head to her once more. “ Thank you for offering to help.”

Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..

OOC- I can start a thread on mock if you like. I am so rusty.
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.