• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Son of a Red Eyed Ghost[Kuma, Embark]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

When the chestnut spotted mare appears in the shadow of the cavern door he can't help but smile.  Through the scars left behind by the burns he can't help but see past them.  The same lightheartedness he had adored still shone brightly.  Every now and then it clouded momentarily but it was to be expected.  She had been through much recently.  He tried his best to comfort her.  To show her that despite the burns he still cared for her.  So when he showed today with a child at his heels he was quite certain she would be willing to help him.  

Emerald eyes laid upon him and then the foal.  She didn't hesitate to stroll over to have a look see.  A kindness in her voice as she spoke to the black filly.  He hadn't done much to clean her up.  There had been little time.  She seemed to know the child needed so he allowed her to take control of the situation.  His muzzle gently placed on her skin in greeting.  

She questioned where the little one came from.  His eyes shied from her in slight discouragement, "I went to go find my sister.  She was there in the forest still and when I caught up with her she had given birth to it." His voice was strong one moment then quieted the next, "She was trying to kill it.  She kept saying it needed to die.  That nothing good would come of it living.  I just couldn't let her do it." He kept further details to himself about what he had seen when he first saw the filly laying wet on the ground.  It was probably unimportant anyhow.  

His icey blue eyes find the matching blue of the fillies now looking at him after having eaten.  His heart ached for the child.  It wasn't by their own fault they had been brought into the world.  His eyes follow the filly as she moves towards Embark.  He couldn't bring himself to even dislike the cream filly.  Knowing it was not his and harbored the red eyes of his forefather's.  It was not her fault either.  His face turns to the mare, a question on his mind, "Are you ok, Kuma?" He hadn't asked it before but always wondered in the back of his mind if she was ok.  With everything going on there hadn't been time for them to talk. No matter how much he wanted too.

Imperial

@[Kuma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Son of a Red Eyed Ghost[Kuma, Embark] - by Imperial - 11-26-2017, 12:07 PM