• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Son of a Red Eyed Ghost[Kuma, Embark]

Kuma

Fear had clouded much of her good judgement. Her escape from Sylva hadn't done much to ease her mind; insomnia kept her up most nights, fear of the wraith returning to take back what was "his" making her mind race. She kept secluded in her cave, save for the occasional venture outside to keep her body sustaining milk. 

She was a better mother than she had expected, despite the circumstances. The child didn't know where she had come from, what had happened for her to be conceived in the first place; as much as the flower child wanted to, she could not bring herself to hate the red-eyed girl - she was innocent in all of this. Embark was young, unaware of what was happening around her...but she had a clean coat and a source of food, so Kuma expected she didn't think much of it.

Imperial and her hadn't discussed what happened, but Kuma was aware that he knew Embark wasn't his. She figured the subject would come up in time, but right now too much was going on for it to really rear its ugly head. 

The filly is sleeping, curled in a small golden ball when he finally approaches. "Kuma...I need your help." Imperial's voice is soft, confused. Kuma looks at him with a piercing emerald stare, then to the girl that stands behind him. She is weak, still covered in a thick dried layer of amniotic fluid. The pintaloosa meanders over, gently grazing against the stallion's hide before bending her head to look at the blue-eyed girl. 

"I bet you're hungry, yes?" She murmurs, beckoning her deeper into the safety of her cavern. "Come, child. Drink." She allows her to suckle on the nourishment she can provide, looking up at Imperial. "Who left her, Imperial? What happened?" Concern riddles her voice as she winces at the child's hungry enthusiasm. She wants to know who left the poor thing, who could even do such a thing. 

All my flowers grew into thorns

@[Imperial] @[Deiti]

Hope a little powerplay was okay so she could feed her. :Smile if not, let me know and I'll change it! :Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Son of a Red Eyed Ghost[Kuma, Embark] - by Kuma - 11-25-2017, 07:27 PM