• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We danced on into the night - Any
    Hod made it look so easy. Blindness was just a matter of fact to him, and so they had treated it like such. But now Bragi knew deeper respect for his brother. His nose against Amorette's shoulder, he now followed where another lead. It was a test of trust, especially with someone he had only just met. A seed of suspicion nibbled at his mind. How had she come across him, anyway? Was this just another phase in the demons plan? It would make sense, to draw him in with soft words and gentle touches, only to have a monster be hiding beyond his sight.... or perhaps she was simply what she seemed. Maybe she has just been in the right place at the right time. 

He growled low in his throat, frustrated. Amorette's question broke him from his tormented reverie. If she was evil, she was doing a good job of masking it. 
    "Bragi. My name is Bragi. I apologize for not offering it sooner..." He trailed off with a curse, amazed at his lapse in courtesy. Once, he would have been the first to introduce himself. Witty, flirtatious banter would have flown like wine from his lips. Now he was struggling to introduce himself. 

She was right, they didn't have too travel far to reach the river. She was a good guide, choosing a clear path for them to travel. When he stumbled, it was only over his own feet, unused to being guided telographically. He guides himself as he had seen Hod do, nose brushing against her shoulder periodically to adjust his direction, listening for her steps so as to not walk into her. 
    We're here
    Yes, he can hear it, the water. Different from the ocean's persistent beating, the river sings a separate song. She tells him, it's just two steps forward. He hesitates why is that all he can do anymore? And then he moves forward, until the swift moving water flows up and around his legs, sliding beneath his barrel in cold ribbons. Pushing away the surge of fear, he dips his face to the surface. For a long minute, he is lost to the taste of fresh water. It stings in his scrapes and wounds, but it is cleansing him. Though he cannot see it, the river draws salt and blood from his pelt, darkening it as he stands there. His constant headache abates for the time. Sated at last, he pulls his damp body to the banks, and falls to his knees, then his side. Amorette is nearby, he can hear her move through the water as well. Feeling somewhat more like himself, he turns to face her splashing. 
    "Forgive me. The hell I have just left was not kind. I'm afraid I'm not the same I was before meeting it. You said your name is Amorette. So tell me Amorette, where are we? Aside from a river's bank, that is." He sighs, exhaustion threatening to put him to sleep before he hears her answer, but fear of dreaming keeping him awake. So he would talk to her, and learn what he could. 

@[Amorette]

Messages In This Thread
    We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 11-24-2017, 12:19 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 11-29-2017, 06:11 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-03-2017, 06:14 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-04-2017, 03:54 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-16-2017, 12:16 AM