• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Down by the water; Bragi, Hod
    Hod jumped as an unexpected voice joined them on the beach. Nyxa did not seem surprised, however, so he stood firm to face this new lady. She sounded older than either of them, but there was a warmth in her voice that made him feel she could be trusted. She introduced herself as Circinae, and formally invited him to the island. Quick travel, though, what could that mean? He leaned in toward the warmth of Nyxa, lightly pressing his shoulder to hers. The water had not ceased it's thundering, and anxiety began to tint his thoughts.
    "I suppose so, lady. We've come all this way, after all. And Nyxa has been a first rate guide..." He finally spoke, taking reassurance from the girl's soft touch on his neck. His head wove through the air a bit, trying to find just where the adult woman stood. This had disconcerted him more than any other event today. The night's darkness turned his world from patches of light and dark and vague grey shapes to one of utter blackness. Add to that the incessant roar of water, and he operating on only three full senses. 
    He danced in place for a moment, only half paying attention to Nyxa and Circinae's conversation. There was a similarity to their speech, shared inflections and pronunciations. They must be close. Maybe even family? His attention is returned to the present as he felt Nyxa leave his side briefly, then return to point him in what he hopes is the right direction. She murmurs to him, and then assures him that she'll meet him soon. A stab of loneliness slides through his gut as she slips away, light steps in the sand, then the water, then... gone. It is just he and Circinae now. The mare mentions that the girl has gone swimming. Fine time for it, he grouses to himself. He has no right to say anything though, and beside, it's time to go. A phrase of direction, and then Circinae too is gone. He can feel the air pulling him gently towards the water's edge, but he hesitates a moment. One moment of being absolutely alone. He fills his lungs with a deep breath of salty air, exhaling slowly. One, two, three steps, and he is inside the watery void. I hope Bragi catches up soon, he thought as water moved around him in a crashing wail, carrying him into the unknown. I can't do this without him...

OOC: I am totally fine with a new thread! I think we've accomplished what we needed to with this one. @[Calcifer]

Messages In This Thread
    Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Nyxa - 11-11-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Bragi - 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Nyxa - 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Hod - 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Circinae - 11-21-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Hod - 11-22-2017, 11:07 PM