• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Look what the cat dragged in; Nayl, Any
    Lewana

A mix of betrayal and confusion had originally led her to leave the only home she knew. Left to wander aimlessly across Beqanna's grounds, watching from the side lines as kingdoms burned, and rose from the ashes one by one, peaking then toppling down as everything does. But one kingdom particular, her childhood, the home she abandoned due to her youthful unguided actions was impenetrable, unbreakable. No surprise the women managed to hold their ground, being the fierce and stubborn selves that they are.

Now she returns, in her feline state memories washing over her in waves, as she nears the border each step a walk down memory lane. Days of her and her sister playing as cubs, young and naive, as the frolicked through the see grass riddled lands, both mothers watching over them making sure no seabirds would snatch them up, and carry them away. If only she could back to simpler times, she thinks, as she slinks forwards ebony speckled body settling down in a sitting position at the edge of the border.

Sea foam green eyes flickering about, and with a quick and settle movement, she lifts her cranium, and emits a rather loud roar, erupting from her chest and escaping from her whiskered lips. And now she waits.

Baby, this is not wonderland.

It's lame but I suck at starter posts
    He watches the dark form of a strange animal move within lines of Nerine. Silver eyes glint every so often when he would scent the air but concludes she is unknown but not hostile as of yet.

Lior moves with ease despite the occasional creak of a bone or pop of a joint. The feathers at his hocks are muddled with salt bring and seagrass bits. Nerine moves through him, black sand along his knees and salt at the edges of his long matted tail. He walks with a high head, eyeing the hell cat in case there should be some sort of delusion. Her roar would no doubt stir the residents but Lior would be first to meet this strange feline. With well-practiced ease, he slides into a more armored stance.

Thick scales replace his scarred hide, his canine teeth lengthen visible with the sprout of heavy leather wings. It was not every day that an animal like she should wander into Nerine and so the man makes a note of this creature before approaching not fat off. "You are...?" It is the only words he murmurs upon meeting the leopon, his expression flat and stoic as he waits for what the animal had to say.
    I want you to remember
    Lewana

She knew it wouldn't take for someone to come, it was indeed someone but not Nayl, whom she had been expecting to confront her. Instead an inky stallion suited with scales, wings, and fangs takes the queens place.

There is no introduction, no welcome back. No surprise, a group of stubborn and strong women couldn't welcome the girl back with open arms? And so instead she's greeted with a question, abrupt as it was the speckled feline isn't one to judge, but perhaps a welcome would be a nice. Her ebony curved ears pin against her nape in a neutral tone, and her body rises. "I'm Lewana, daughter of Naga and Celeana." She pauses hoping this brute would possibly remember her parents whom previously resided in the coastal kingdom, and one point ruled for a period of time. 

Her gaze is fixed upon him, and in one quick movement she shifts into her lean gorgeous inky self. "I've decided to return to Nerine." She states with simplicity, her gaze flickering about the horizon hoping the piebald queen would soon join them. "And you are?"  Her eyes lift to the scaled stag, questionably.

Upon her true appearance (or so he suspects because this is a land of horses after all) Lior returns to his equine form of tall darkness and long dreaded hair. Silver eyes are reading her movements carefully, able to see what lay just beyond her outward appearance though there is not magic involved. The stallion was simply keen to others.

He grunts when she asks for his name...not offering it so readily but he does recognize the youth's parentage. If anything, the male grows a bit more suspicious as to the strange appearance of the feline shifter. Lids slit slightly as he snorts but decides to ease back and relax, tossing his hair from his brow. Lior stands with an impenetrable gaze across his handsome but scarred masculine features. He eyes her a moment longer before a deep baritone call is given so that Nayl will join them. This girl was no usual nomad seeking sanctuary. She was one that Nayl should decide whether she is permitted to stay or must go.
    I want you to remember

I am so so sorry this is a shitty post but i didn;t want to leave you hanging.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    In the heart of winter, Nayl finds herself shivering. The sunlight is barely peeking from behind a wall of clouds, but the wind is strong and persistent as it comes from the west, far beyond the eye can see. It whips the ocean’s waves, the white caps expanding farther than usual. For a while, Nayl had stood near the edge of the cliff, watching, listening. It was her usual roost and where she often contemplated and analyzed pieces of her life. This was where she often found comfort during the hours of daylight, but the winter gusts forced her below into one of the caves nestled in the rocks. Albeit sometimes damp, it still at least blocked a majority of the wind.

With her eyes half-lidded, Nayl almost finds herself dozing while sheltered from the teeth of winter. A gentle sway of her body and a deep sigh would have confirmed it had it not been for the distant roar that cut through the silence like butter. There aren’t many feline shifters which is why Nayl is immediately pursuing the origin of disruption. Sand clings to her legs and underbelly as she steps back onto the beach and into the lungs of Mother Nature. What had roared has since hushed, but there are voices nearby that lure her into the correct direction. Confirmation of whom it was is in the image that greets her.

Lewana and Lior.

There is a fluttering in her heart – in her soul – when she sees him scaled and protective, his wings expansive and matching his image. A gentle smile tugs at the corners of her mouth as she reaches to touch his hip, then his shoulder and neck. Taking a place next to him – it’s where she belongs – finds her facing the lost girl, a brow lifted. ”Fancy seeing you again, Lewana,” her voice is fairly neutral, but with a tone of surprise at having seen Naga’s daughter for the first time in years. ”Any plans with your return?” Assuming she will stay, of course, because being born a Nerinian often sticks with someone. The life on the coast isn’t so easily forgotten.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina
    Lewana

Her gaze flickers curiously as she watches him, posture and all. He seems tense in her presence maybe the shifting was too much for him? She ponders quietly to herself, tempted to release a chuckle when he grunts giving her no answer to her question. After all being the first child born of Nerine, one would assume they would be welcomed back. But instead she's stuck with him... that is until he calls for her, although Lewana knows that the queen be far after her rather loud roar and all.

It doesn't take long for the inky girl to spot the queen over the horizon, and finally her welcome is said, and familiarity washes over her like a wave. Although it may of not been meant to be welcoming, the girl takes it anyways. "Nayl." She greets with a dip of her ebony crown. Her verdant gaze shifts between the pair, and focusing on Nayl. "I'd like to be in the army. I'd like to follow up on that training I asked for in my youth." She states simply.

Perviously she had declined because of her parentage, a daughter of two diplomats shouldn't go looking for military training, but she wanted something better for herself. So now she asks again, no strings attached, her parents had fall off the face of the earth, and she was the only feline left standing.

I didn't want to leave either of you hanging so I decided I will try to post Lewana every once in a while.