• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

black bird singing in the dead of night
    Sreva let out a small sigh through her nose as Chemdog brushed his muzzle against her small cheek, the whiskers gently tickling her skin. She is grateful for the silent companionship he offers, the comforting presence of the stallion helping to ease the worry in her mind. Chemdog had informed her that since she was his companion, as well as raising their son, she would not encounter any problems during her stay here. But that didn't mean she couldn't exhibit some worry; after all, she wanted to pull her weight, to show that she was more than just a mare who got a free pass because of the stallion she'd come here with.

A rumble echoed up from the stallion's chest when Sreva mentioned their son, and seeing that he too caught onto the joke, she was somewhat relieved by that too. Even though Chemdog could be lighthearted and poke fun, she worried for a moment there that she'd gone a bit too far with what she said. After all, she absolutely loved the black and white coat the stallion had, his large and muscular frame not only pleasing to the eye but also a form of comfort to the smaller built mare. Sreva could hold her own in a fight just fine, but ever since her encounter with the big cat, she was a bit frightened to go up against one again; she just hadn't told the stallion, not wanting him to treat her like glass, like he had after he discovered the wounds on her belly.

Sreva felt Chemdog's thick tail come up over her tapered hips, and realizing she needed an answer for his question, the mare offered what she thought of.

"I'm not the most patient sometimes, and probably not as experienced in teaching how to navigate the field of battle like you are," she admitted. "I am a fair hoof at teaching young ones how to defend themselves, and those they are protecting. I do not have a silver tongue like some of the others I have seen around here, but I can at least teach the young ones the basics, about how to use their words to avoid starting any sort of squabble that could lead to serious consequences. Do you think that would be enough?"

Sreva felt a small rumbling in her gut as she looked Chemdog over, his neck bent down to retrieve a mouthful of grass. Her eyes wandered the fine lines of his stature, a tug at her heart reminding her what she'd wanted to ask him some time ago but did not out of concern for his position here. He was already involved in Xzavier's life, and he had the young ones to teach. Even if she had the desire for it, she did not want to hamper the stallion by asking him to have another foal with her. That question could come at a later time, when he seemed more confident in his position and happier with life here. He had just seemed a bit 'off' lately to the mare, and that concerned her, but she knew she couldn't force him to tell her anything. She just hoped that if something was bothering him, he would tell her so that if she could, she'd help him.

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: black bird singing in the dead of night - by Sreva - 11-20-2017, 02:03 PM