• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waiting on a black wave; any

-NYXA-

Little fish, big fish,
    swimming in the water...

Whatever Nyxa had been expecting from this interaction, it certainly did not pertain to bringing someone home. Her expression turns from wayward distress and plummets into quiet confusion while Sirin rattles away, and then it hits her: this is not the stunning sort of mythos she’d expected when her steps had first led her into the precarious River. Nyxa had expected grace, poise, maybe even a bit of mysticism.

What she gets is a bitter pill. The start of a reply is ready and willing, just on the brink of exposure when Sirin tilts an intrepid eye to the soaked filly. A change overcomes the elder woman, the attempt at niceties a bit less effective post-rant. “I’m a nuisance to everyone, Sirin.” The girl spits, “nice to meet you.”

Sullen, more than aware of how unnecessary her existence was after a complete stranger seemed put off by having to rescue her, Nyxa turns away from her winged peer and glares down to the rough bank beneath her. “I don’t care why you did it, I’m glad that you did.” She mumbles, scuffing a narrow hoof over scattered pebbles. “But don’t demean me for an honest mistake.”

A ragged sniffle interrupts the broodiness. Turning back to look up at Sirin with wide, purple eyes, the strange child exchanges sulking for curiosity. “I owe you, though, so I’ll take you.” She decides, dragging herself up the embankment once more only to collapse in an exhausted heap where the grass seems softest. After a nap.”

A yawn overcomes her and with lids half-closed, the girl murmurs "You can call me Nyxa."

@[Sirin] I PM'd you Smile

Messages In This Thread
    waiting on a black wave; any - by Sirin - 10-15-2017, 12:42 PM
    RE: waiting on a black wave; any - by Nyxa - 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM
    RE: waiting on a black wave; any - by Sirin - 10-22-2017, 04:52 PM
    RE: waiting on a black wave; any - by Nyxa - 10-23-2017, 02:07 PM
    RE: waiting on a black wave; any - by Sirin - 11-07-2017, 02:45 PM
    RE: waiting on a black wave; any - by Nyxa - 11-08-2017, 03:27 PM