• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You...[Levi]

She lowers her head and shame and his confusion only thickens. But, time had passed , he reminds himself. The bay mare was a child when they had played those games of havoc. Maybe the years had graced her with a sense of propriety that he had not been truly given. This last year, he had tried to act the gentleman, but most the time it left him looking shy or awkward, and he was growing tired of it. 

But he doesn't try to shroud himself as something nicer, now, with her. 
    But as she confirms that she did see that night as a mistake he finds himself wondering why, if she saw their short time together as such a mistake, she had sought him out. He had been the driving force behind the attack, he held much more responsibility than she did, yet she was the one who had sought to make amends for the group's actions. Had the gilt truly been so heavy she had felt the need to sacrifice her gift?

"The fairies... they did it? Did they take your blight?" the thought of losing his fire puts him on edge. He knew the rulers of Beqanna haad tremendous power, but he can not fathom a situation in which he would seek them out and ask for his gift of burning to be removed. 
    She must have been deeply motivated. 

Can I show you something, Levi?
    At this point, all he can do is agree - he is curious. 

"Yeah, I'll follow you... do you remember where it is?" He gives her face another searching look, trying to reasure himself that he can trust her - that he won't regret this.
    Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We Were Both Young When I First Saw You...[Levi] - by Levi - 10-16-2017, 04:35 PM