• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You...[Levi]
    Hyaline.
    The night of the raid creeps from her memories and into her mind.  It hadn't been long ago that they had gathered and unleashed their powers onto the unsuspecting kingdom.  Long enough though that she had thought of her part in it.  Realizes it was wrong to wreck havoc just cause you had the magic to do so.  In the moment it had been an adrenaline rush, but now she regards it as immaturity.  His stance borders irritation as he says the lands name.  Nevertheless she nods her head, "Yes, I've been to Hyaline.  I found Amet there and apologized for my part in that night."  Her eyes shift down in shame but musters a smile at her next thought.  Again rising her sienna eyes to look upon his molted face, "I fixed the wysteria tree I had destroyed and brought a gift to them from the Mountain."  She watches as confusion and frustration ignites his face but so much had happen.  There was so much to explain. 

He's questioning her again and she tilts her head.  The Levi she had known seemed to care about himself more than anything or anyone else.  So why all of a sudden did he care so much about what she had done?  Had he too changed, she wonders.  She wants to tell him to calm down.  She wants to tell him everything.  To show him.  Finding her voice again she continues to explain, "Levi... When I left Tephra that day I went to the Mountain.  I pleaded to the fairies to remove the poison from inside me.  I didn't want to bring death and destruction to everything I touched or looked at.  It was a curse I was born with... It wasn't who I really was."  Sienna eyes look deeply into his natural eye, "You can understand that, can't you?" She believes he can.  Everyone had their inner demons...

In his working himself up he probably hadn't noticed the trail of flora that extended across into the commonlands for which she had came.  Nor the alabaster daisies that surrounded them.  She sees the life she has breathed around the pair.  Her eyes slipping away to admire them before the sun has set.  A delicate smile across her maw as she returns her gaze to him, "Can I show you something, Levi? Can we go find my tree in Tephra? The one from the day I left..."  There was no more movement than a swish of her ebony tail as she looked up to him.  The sun disappearing from the skies, leaving them under a blanket of star light.
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Levi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We Were Both Young When I First Saw You...[Levi] - by Kolera - 10-15-2017, 06:52 PM