• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any]

tantalize

I’ll have a reason good enough

I’ll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see that the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

The need for control was what kept her from the ashland, from seeking him. Control and fear. What if she had traveled all the way to the volcano only to find herself sorely disappointed. Entangled with Reagan or a stranger. To feel that old familiar sting of being slighted for another. They were not bound to each other, it had only been one night. One night that had been cut short thanks to her ghosts and painful memories. Despite that awkward moment... There had been something between them, something that had sparked. It was real. It had been enough for her to cast her fragile sense of hope to the wind and dream of the possibilities. To see him with someone else would quickly shatter it.

For all her reservation, claws, and fire…. At her core she holds her sore and tattered heart within her bruised ego. The merest breath in the direction of her flame could extinguish it forever.

The wall she has built, brick by brick, seems stronger than ever despite the single stone he had been able to chisel away. Almost wary as he reaches for her but inside she is melting like a flickering candle the moment his lips brush across her shoulder. Her gaze falls away from him as she tenses beneath him, unable to keep the soft hitch in her breath as it becomes caught in her throat. Knowing he will sense it. He draws a lazy circle before retreating and she burns for him instantly despite the few embers of her anger that remain. Her prying issues a chuckle from his dark mouth and she can’t help but smile slowly, an involuntary response.

Her intuition had been right all along, she had never doubted otherwise. Was he being honest when he speaks of it being only one night of finding solace in each other? She’s not sure. The thought of trying to find herself in another after what had happened with Lion… She can’t even picture it. It had never been a thought on her mind, far from it. Then again her layer of pain was different then the simple hurt of a break up.

They are both quiet, both brooding over different memories and the various baggage they bring. Her thoughts are so lost that she almost misses what he’s explaining to her. It doesn’t register, not at first. When it does, a simmering anger begins to spread hot fingers into her crevices. A flash in the depths of gold as she finds the core of his red, bewildered. ”Nayl?” She questions, confused. Confusion quickly gives way to the rising tide of her irritation that reflects in the gilded iris’s that are now hard as rocks. ”Let me get this straight. Nayl came to you to tell you to stop seeing me?” His disbelief is visible and she does not doubt his truth.

It doesn’t make sense. Although she has been residing in the coast for awhile, she barely knows Nayl. She respects her as she does for those that carry the burden she knows so well. However, she is not close to the Queen and definitely not enough to be mothered by her. As if she hadn’t outlived most of those that called Nerine home. As if she had not been one of those that had paved the way for the remaining sisters today.

She tries to find logic in the visit but the fact that Nayl had spied on her in that most private, raw, and vulnerable moment…. The jaguar mare is practically seething. Her golden eyes are glittering as fire and brimstone return and take hold. Perhaps she had been wrong to think her past transgressions had been forgotten. Perhaps the story of Lion had been passed down generation to generation to the point where even strangers thought she could not trust her own heart. That she was capable of only bad decisions.

As if she had learned nothing in her fall from grace.

Brazen with the smoldering hearth in her chest, the fire finding her molten gold as her fears are burned away, consumed by her defiant rage. Her lips are pressed to his, drawing him into a deep and urgent kiss. Pulling away only to lip at his cheek and place a firm nip to the hollow curve of his lower jaw. Breathing him in as her muzzle pulls away. The few words she will shed on the subject are flat and hollow.

”My decisions are my own.”

Nothing more is needed to say, she has expressed her thoughts and intentions quite clearly on the matter.

@[Offspring]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 01:45 AM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 12:47 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Tantalize - 10-14-2017, 11:34 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-15-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-16-2017, 02:38 PM