• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any]
    You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
     You know where to find me.

The last words he had spoken to her – each truer than the last; he was never far from the shoreline of the rumbling volcanic island that had become his domicile. His oasis. No longer did he pine for the ice and snow he once did – the heat within his chest had become a part of him, as did the burning ember that licked the surface of his marred skin and festered beneath tender muscle and bone. He could hardly remember the numbness of the frigid tundra he had once called his own – but such was his existence; he had lived for so long and for so many years that so many of his experiences had begun to run together. Blending – a plethora of emotion, of heartache and loss, of illicit pleasure and deep, unshakable anguish.

The sunlight pouring into his skin is not unlike the inferno that burned within him, and he is hardly stirred by it. Nary a bead of sweat arises along the puckered scarring; he, himself, was sunlight and fire and sheer, blistering heat and he had already begun to forget how it felt to be anything but the brimstone that fortified his broad and muscled physique. Nonetheless, the scalding fire of his pyrokinesis can only pale in comparison to the soothing warmth filling his chest as her soft breath brushes across his shoulder, nor the rousing heat simmering once his scarlet gaze is finally met with her own gold-lined irises.

He wondered what it would be like to taste her again – to taste her deeper, to draw her closer. Instead, he is stoic, his features unmoving for a moment as his mind contemplates the depth of her gaze, boring into his own, as wayward tresses are tossed aside, framing the feminine line of her cheek. He can feel that she is guarded – he had not expected anything different, though the same yearning to break down the same fortified, barbed barrier remained, burning brightly within the pit of his stomach. Yet, there is a soft bite to her tone - betraying what might lay beneath her own feigned indifference.

Gently, his lips brush across her shoulder, tasting the salty brine of her sweat with the richness of sunshine and flora, his whiskered mouth tracing a single semi-circle marking that lay over muscle and bone. He does not linger – he can feel her anger through her skin, taut within the thick but shapely muscle, and his gaze searches for hers again imploringly. ”Tephra is as it always has been – and Reagan?” He murmurs with a rumbling chuckle, raising his broad head once more toward the vast and open summer sky, as a soft gust of warm air weaves its way through his tangled tresses.

”Her heart had been broken, as mine had been, and for a moment, we found shelter in one another,” he says quietly, the ridge of his brow furrowing slightly at the memory – of the darkness that had consumed him then; of the scalding fire that had emerged from his flesh in the heat of passion that – if not for her magic, might have taken her life. ”she was there during a dark moment. There is nothing more to it.”

He is quiet, then.
      Contemplating.

The truth was a burden. ”I have been where I have always been. I took it as a sign that you did not come – and even more, I did not come to you because your Queen came to me in the days following. Accused me of having .. the wrong intentions, in seeking you out, and threatened me. Thought that I only sought to be closer to the Nerinian border for some nefarious reason, and said that she might question your taste, should I be telling the truth that I came to see you, and only you.”

He pauses, disbelief lining the dark brimstone of his stare – the exchange had left him incredulous – a scoff rising from his tightened throat. ”I did not come to you, because unlike Nayl, I have the capacity to respect the decisions of others. You made the decision to make it your home; what reason would I have to make it more difficult for you? But that does not mean that I did not want to see you again.”
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world.

@[Tantalize]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 01:45 AM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 12:47 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-15-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-16-2017, 02:38 PM