• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Rare [Imperial/Gryffen/Any]

Kuma

In an attempt to scare the stallion she felt so fondly of, her long legs traversed Loess' lands swiftly. Her home borders the autumnal forest, and for a moment in her playfulness, she does not realize the wolf trap she has bolted into. She does not notice (or, rather, she ignores) the strong scent placed around the border of the strange forest, nor is she aware of who lurks beyond the trees. She is far from the coziness of her cavern, and Imperial had not been fast enough to catch her. She turns, auburn locks flying haphazardly in the summer wind, expecting her companion to be close behind - but he is not there, and she is alone. 

For now. 

She shifts her crown from left to right, trying to find some sense of familiarity in the dense woods, but is unsuccessful; the only home she had known since her return to Beanna was Loess' rocky hills. Her heart a beating hammer beneath her chest, she lets out a guttural cry from the depths of her throat (which, in hindsight, was definitely not a good idea), letting Imperial know of her whereabouts in the foreign terrain. 

Should I try to find my way out? It seemed pointless, considering how deep in the orange and yellow forest she had gone without realizing. Helplessly turned around, she begins to wander, unaware of the dangers that were concealed beneath the vibrant topiary. 

Blessed with beauty and rage

ooc: sucky to start out with but oh well. Jeje has given permission for Imperial and Kuma to wander into Sylva since it borders Loess :Smile

@[Imperial] @[Gryffen]

Don't get too close

Silver limbs carry him further into the unknown territory in an attempt to find the mare before anyone else does.  Icey blue eyes strained to see into the ominous shadows.  Only her scent leads him on.  

Until he hears her call out.  Black ears swivel in the direction of her voice as silver legs eat up the turf.  In leaping over a fallen tree, dead branches scrape along his hide. Puncturing his shoulder slightly and he can feel the droplets of blood trickling off his dark hide.  He pushes thru and continues towards her voice.  

Slowing as he listens for more clues to her whereabouts, he can faintly see a shimmer of white.  "Kuma...?" He whispers low.  The land was eerily quiet even though the scents of others hung heavy.  Nares flared as a low rattle escaped them.  He crept closer to the figure in the shadows...

"Kuma!" He joyfully calls out when he sees it is her.  Striding quickly to her and reaching his muzzle to touch her own.  "We shouldn't be here... Hurry let's get back to your cave," his words are worried but not fearful.  He turns to the direction he had came and directs her forwards.  Sensing they were trespassing but unknown to where and who they may run into if they were not swift to leave...

Imperial

forget all the names we used to know

There’s much to consider when your back is broken by another horse and yet, you still live and wander as you always have. It bothers Crevan, only because he’s not sure why or how he’d healed so completely. He should be dead - rotting slowly into the forest floor of Sylva - but he’s not, and he can’t seem to figure out why someone like himself should be given innumerable chances at life. Makes him feel … reckless.

With the sharp turn of his nose, he halts the daily rounds of his new hunting grounds and perks bone-pale ears to the sound of a desperate mare’s cry. It’s enough to send him bounding over the hilly feet of mountains near the west, directly into the heart of Sylva where the noise had originated. Before long her scent washes over him, and the scent of another (surprising?) who’s coppery tang makes his stomach coil with hunger.

“You two won’t be going anywhere.” Crevan snarls, gliding swiftly onto the scene. For one wolf he’s formidable: as massive as his ancient ancestors, the direwolf, and not yet fully three. One wolf alone might hesitate to engage two horses, especially one stallion whose girth is hardened by muscle, but for some reason Crevan is past caring and, besides, the familiar trickle of blood on the dark man’s shoulder only serves to work the young wolf into a lather.

He howls. Turns a pink nose to the sky and looses a warning that’ll be hard to ignore. The sooty she-wolf should be lurking about, even if Gryffen wasn’t here to deal with these intruders himself, so Crevan only lowers his head to pin first one, and then the other with a blue-black stare. “Run,” He threatens, “and you’ll regret it for the rest of your short lives.”

revan

Kuma

It is only a moment before he is there, standing before her, face full of worry. She lets out a sigh a relieved sigh. He is there, in all his dark silver glory, ushering her back to the cave she called home. She is pressing against him for a fleeting moment, thanking him softly through pursed lips. 

And finally, she is surrounded - they are surrounded. At least, it feels that way from how large the wolf appears in front of her. At first, she is confused when he speaks, telling her that they would be going nowhere, then howling to the moon. Then, she realizes it - he is a shifter, and this is his home. Her heart begins to thump rapidly in her chest - fear laced with uncertainty.

"Just let us go," She tries to negotiate. "It was a mistake, we won't trespass again." She is backing away now, eyes glancing to her companion.

"Run...and you'll regret it for your short lives." The wolf is growling now, lips pulled back into a menacing snarl. Her nostrils flare, and her mind is telling her to bolt, but she does not. She simply straightens herself up, and looks to Imperial once again. Wherever they were, they were in great danger - her heart drops...she has led him here, and now he would pay the price for her stupidity. She couldn't let that happen...

"Just...let him go. It's my fault. He was following me."  She swallows, orbs shifting to the creature before her.

@[Imperial] @[Crevan]

Don't get too close

With his senses on high alert he pushes her onwards towards the border.  Each step seeming drawn out.  Had they wander that far into the heart of the forest?  

Ushering her as quickly as possible came to a sudden halt.  His chest colliding with her hindquarters.  Tossing his head upwards and stepping to the side he is about to ask her what was wrong.  That's when the scent that hung intertwined with the woodlands became sharper.  More distinct.  Black ears pressed against his skull as threats filled the air.  A deep snort emitted from his nares as he came up from behind the spotted mare.  Icey blue orbs found the creature of the night.  A hunched mess of fur with lashing fangs had cut off their escape.  

Kuma was pleading with the canine as he crossed between her and the wolf.  Forelimbs struck out at it.  Ears flattened and teeth bared.  "Get away from her," his muzzle tucked tightly to his chest.  The black and silver stallion shielding the mare with his own body.  "Run Kuma! That way, hurry!  I'll hold him off," he pleads for her to run.  Knowing he could hold off one wolf for only so long before more were sure to join... 

Imperial

a ghost in the darkness.
    Simple minds make simple prey. Crevan knew it, saw that the mare and stallion were little challenge. Saw the opportunity, the possibility of fun. The little brown wolf lacked what her son had in spades. The hunger for ambition, the hunger for more. The white wraith melts from the forest shadows to stand solid before the silver black male. ”Yes. Run Kuma.” The words slow and deliberate, the smoldering red of his eyes boring into that of her would be savior. ”Let’s see who is faster, horse or wolf.”

A signal to Crevan. To hunt and catch. There was something in the wolf boy that had yet to surface. Perhaps today, they could bring it out. A different kind of shift. He makes sure that Imperial is blocked, unable to join in. Unable to distract the hunter as he had planned. Instead, he had placed himself in the lion’s den. Nostrils flare as the white wraith steps close to him, invades his space. His muzzle quivering so close to his neck, taking the scent. Familiar. Red eyes dilate with recognition. ”Loess.” He hisses, the cogs and wheels already turning.

”Your Queen lacks discipline and structure. No wonder her subjects so foolishly trespass where they don’t belong.” He muses aloud, mostly to himself. What to do with Heda’s dear subjects. He would quite like to send them back to her. Dismantled, broken. Piles of severed limbs and heads tied with a pretty red bow. ”What would you give me for her safety? How will you appease a King?” He has no plans on releasing Kuma, they will have fun with the Loess bitch yet. He didn’t need to know that though.

Gryffen

Kuma

Regret. 

Deep and instant regret - regret for leading Imperial into the wolf trap, regret for even running off in the first place. So much life she had missed in the chaos that surrounded the Reckoning, and now she has plunged herself into mayhem again. 

The wraith appears, and her chest seizes - everything about him signals that he is the king, and his malevolent words cause a lump to form in the back of her throat. "...let's see who's faster, horse or wolf..." She glances at the creatures before her, and decides running wouldn't be a well thought-out idea. Imperial stands in front of her now, and while he towers over Gryffen's short frame, it doesn't seem to matter; he has the upperhand, these are his lands, and he has every right to be as malicious and hateful as he pleases. 

Her ears flick back as he insults her queen, but she does not speak. Would it even matter if she did? Lurking in the shadows were countless creatures out for blood and glory...it seemed most wise to stay still and alert, and see what happened next.  

@[Imperial] @[Gryffen] @[Crevan]

forget all the names we used to know

It’s amusing, the way they tangle each other up in their hurry to save one another. “Just let us go,” She begs, and her white knight of a fellow rushes to essentially cut off her escape. His hooves are quick, but Crevan is learning to be quicker, so he wheels on four white paws to dance away and lunge, dance away and lunge, in and out to snap at a leg here or bite through skin there. “Get away from her.” The elder stallion threatens, halting Crevan’s assault for a moment.

The young wolf laughs.

Perhaps it’s luck that saves Imperial from having his lips ripped clean from his face, though if someone asked Crevan he would claim it was Gryffen’s entrance that stopped the attack. His King is quick to intercede (and for that, Crevan is glad- he uses the opportunity to shift from wolf back to horse) and his scathing remarks on Loess lock firmly into Crevan’s thoughts. “The enemy, then.” He thinks, shaking a muddy-colored head before turning dark, round eyes to where Kuma waits.

His mouth opens, the swell of heat visible like glowing coals at the back of his throat, and then he breathes a gust of flame over the spotted, chestnut mare.

He hopes Imperial is watching closely.

revan

OOC: @[Kuma] Feel free to have the fire affect her as little or as much as you like Smile

Son of a Ghost

Valiant efforts to protect the flicka was met with resistance.  Each thrash of hoof was met with dodges of the frisky canine.  Bounding this way and that.  Teeth snapping in powerful jaws gripped onto his forelimbs.  The bone was thick to prevent breakage but skin did not fair so well.  A warm red liquid leaked from his wounds staining the silver of his legs.  He did not stop his attempt to shield the mare from injury.  

His voice pleaded for her to run.  When she didn't his head twist to find the reason fast approaching.  The wolf seemed to back off as he too saw the creature emerge from the haze hanging thick around them.  At first all he saw was the glow of red.  His heart began to pound against it's cage.  

No, it can't be. Not him.  Please don't let it be my Father.

His present fear dissipated as a solid silver figure appeared.  It was not the chocolate dapple coat of his Father, but damn if those eyes don't suggest a relation. His limbs found themselves moving without thought.  To the mares other side, nearest to the loaming figure.  His icey blue gaze remained fixated on the stallion as he steadily approached.  Taunting words, Yes Kuma run.  Let's see who is faster... Confidentiality wrapping himself around the pair and splitting them apart. 

Trapped in the tormented memories of his father surfacing, he loses awareness of where Kuma had moved to.  That is until the Ghost is speaking again of Loess. Shaking his mind free of the memories he finds her on the far side of the wraith and another equine that morphs from the wolf.  "Kuma!" He shouts, an attempt to lunge for her is stopped by the bodies and the hiss of a voice, What would you give me for her safety...

The soft blue eyes that had found her remained embraced in the emerald of her own.  Before they hardened and narrow.  Crown twisting to look into the blood red occults of the demon.  His words are strong and unwavering, "I'd give my soul." 

His nares flare as he inhales the scent of the stallion.  Deep within, a feeling of recognition fuels his need to get Kuma out of here.  If this wraith was related to him, to Waylan, this would not end well...

A flicker of orange light and a sudden burst of heat causes him to look away from the silver stallion and back to Kuma.  Flames emitted from the muddy colt directly at her.  "No!" He lunges forwards again, knocking into the wall of body between them.  Eyes wide in horror at the sight of fire swirling towards her.  "Please don't hurt her... Hurt me. Do whatever you want to me just don't harm her," he begs onto deaf ears he is sure... 

Imperial

Since I'm not sure what Kuma will take on with flames I'm ending it here.  I hope I got everyones locations correctish.  Cuz it's a lot to keep track of lol

@[Gryffen]

Also a note.  I'm allowing anything, physical or mental, to happen to my character except for death and severe permanent damage(like ripping off a leg or removing a lung, etc)
    a ghost in the darkness.
    He has lost interest in the vapid mare (though it will be renewed when he finds time to play with her) and leaves her in Crevan’s capable claws. There is a burst of flame behind him and the wicked grin spreads slowly over his cold lips. It seemed he had kept the best of the wolf pack after all. The metallic tang of blood sifts through the air and he inhales deeply as his red eye’s dilate and contract.

He can practically hear the thrumming of Imperial’s frantic heart, can taste the fear that reflects in his eyes. It fades slightly as recognition turns to confusion. He had been mistaken, briefly, for someone else. If only he could find out who and use it to his advantage. Not realizing that the link is closer then he thinks.

The Loess stallion tries to puff up his chest, be the mare’s savior in her time of need. What he offers in exchange for her make’s the wraith laugh coldly. ”And who says your soul has worth?” Flat words, there is no humor written along the hard ridges of his face. The red of his eyes flickering dangerously as he considers the pawns before him. How to move them strategically to his advantage. Perhaps his soul was worthless but what if he was to bring someone else’s? A sinister smile curls on his lips as a delicious and wicked decision is made.

”I don’t want your soul.” A pause as he locks onto Imperial and makes his request. ”I want your Queen.” He hisses softly. “Bring her to me alive and your girlfriend will remain alive though perhaps not all in one piece. Kill Heda and she will be released unscathed. Bring me nothing and…” Here he gives a slight shrug, his meaning clear. She would never leave Sylva again.

Gryffen

@[Kuma] @[Imperial] @[Crevan]