• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - shirad

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Shirad’s questioning of his navigational ability goes ignored; he’ll never admit it. Ivar is rather impressed that she’s caught on so quickly; he’d been certain that most children were as terrible with directions as he’d been at her age.

The fauna of Loess is as varied as its flora, a unique trait of the otherwise geographically non-descript land. They have no soaring cliffs or long beaches, no magnificent forests to make the small kingdom stand out.

They have wildlife aplenty instead, wildlife and rainbow trees like those they shelter under. A living bouquet of orchids rest in most of the limbs, and wisteria dips its white flowered vines into the water ahead of them. Shirad seems to fit in well with the rainbow of colors, and he stands quietly beside her, his brown gaze fixed on the water ahead.

“Dunno,” Her replies, his voice as quiet as her own. “But hush, I think I hear something.” The scaled creature stills, the only sign of life he gives is the slow flaring of his pink-rimmed nostrils. There, directly ahead and slightly to the left, the greenery is moving. A small grey head with a rather impressive pair of ears emerges from between the leaves, blinking liquid black eyes cautiously. Seeing nothing to indicate danger, the wallaby takes several more hops forward before lowering its head to drink. It’s a rock wallaby, a smaller and less frequently seen relative of the grey kangaroos that roam the open hills. It’s followed shortly by another small wallaby, probably her child from the past spring. They don’t stay with their mothers past the autumn, he knows, and it’s rare to see them in large groups.

Ivar says nothing, knowing that even the slightest noise might startle the cautious creatures, but he looks curiously down at Shirad to see her reaction.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 09-24-2017, 03:50 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Shirad - 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 10-01-2017, 07:15 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Shirad - 10-04-2017, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 10-08-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-12-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 10-13-2017, 11:00 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-14-2017, 06:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 09:30 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-18-2017, 08:58 PM