• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when two worlds collide; kirby
    Ea
    but now I'm pulling all the strings
    Ea didn’t often travel outside of Ischia. The island she helped form was truly made for her: the jungle of the Amazons with the hills and water of the Dale. The land was quiet, save for the chattering parrots that flooded to the jungle island during the winter. Ea understood the parrots - she too had always preferred the warm, wet jungle to the cold ice and snow that seemed to plague the rest of Beqanna.

Today, she is wandering about the main island. She sees the regulars milling about the land -- the purple family -- and there are some newer faces, of course. She smiles quietly to herself, pleased with how the land has continued to be the quiet sanctuary she and her family (blood and otherwise) had established. Ea was a natural-born leader, but she had never enjoyed the competition for titles and ranks. She preferred this relaxed, peaceful environment. It made the members of the land closer, more protective of each other.

Ea reaches her destination finally - a small spring near the middle of the island. She walks into the water, slowly, and drops her head to drink when she gets mid-cannon bone length.

@[Kerberos]
    Ea. Been a while since I saw her out and about, and she couldn’t have better timing if she tried. “Hey. Ea. Good, yeah, okay. So I’ve got to go. Find--” Everybody? Kylin’s the only one I’ve seen around, and it’s been...it’s been too fucking long. Pretty much the damn rest of the family’s disappeared, and after the shit that went down in Taiga I’m not gonna sit back and wait for ‘em to wander on home. “I don’t know how long it’s gonna take, but I’ve got to make sure they’re at least okay. Can you keep an eye on my Kylin? Make sure she doesn’t get in trouble? And I mean Ischia too, I guess, she’s always been yours, might as well make that official again, right?” Not that I don’t love the island, but the people who should be calling it home matter more, and fuck knows where they’ve disappeared to.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

(Kerberos is turning Ischia over to Ea.)
    Ea
    but now I'm pulling all the strings
    She sees the purple stallion and immediately recognizes his panic. It was the same frantic voice, a worry that she knew so well. His family is missing, save for one of his daughters, Kylin. Ea isn’t sure which one that is, truthfully -- the purple family all seemed to blend together -- but she would be sure to find her. Though she didn’t know Kerberos very well, he had taken great care of Ischia and invited Ea back into her home, and for that she would always be grateful. If Kylin was important to him, she was important to her, too.

“Of course,” she says, gently, nudging him away, “go find them. We’ll be here when you get back.”