• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || the guard & any interested

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

The one eye stallion would rather avoid the winged man by any means. Their last meeting had been far from pleasant and despite the growing child in Ellyse’s womb, last fall still holds a bitter taste in his mouth. However, they were both part of the Guard. So when Dahmer’s call rings through the land, he reluctantly comes forward.

They had both been given promotions, he was now an Ambassador while Dahmer became Commander. It should have made them equals except for the small fact that he remained below him within the Guard. The irony amuses him as his gold flecked eye lands on the stallion some distance away, waiting for them. What could he protect with his flighty wings? The bear within him on the other hand…

The flaxen stallion looks much different compared to last year. No longer the skeletal man on the verge of death. He was healthier, filled out, hints of Magnus lingering about his gold flecked complexion. Despite his ravaged features, he was handsome. Better looking then one expected. Curved lobes flick towards the front as Dahmer speaks. He let’s his forelock fall over the clawed remains of his empty socket as the one eye roves over the small group. His lips purse tensely. Formidable states the winged stallion. How so? he thinks.”There’s only four of us.” He cuts in, his unreadable gaze now boring into Elly’s former sperm donor.

”I’m not sure how much protection we can give, being only four, if the Army is busy elsewhere.” Quiet words, not meant to be bone cutting. Just harsh truth. His thoughts stated plainly in this statement, that they needed to up their numbers. It didn’t matter how long Tephra had been standing, that perhaps there’s was the most thriving herd. Herds and kingdoms fall every day, he had witnessed that several times. If they weren’t better protected, the ashland could easily fall too.

Dahmer lingers on him as he asks for introductions and traits. He can barely conceal the suppressed sigh that threatens to spill from tight lips. Longclaw goes first, not unknown to him nor his flickering fire, though the scent he had caught off the boy now makes sense. Wolf. An unfamiliar stallion, Rou, passionately claims his willingness to die for Tephra. Finally he speaks.

”My only ties are here.” He makes sure his level gaze remains on Dahmer and only him. He too has not forgotten the threat that had fallen from the bears lips. ”My name is Ledger.” A pause as his muzzle lifts towards their winged Commander. ”He knows what I can do.” Falling silent, unwilling to be so complacent to such “authority”.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || the guard & any interested - by Ledger - 09-13-2017, 01:42 PM