• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

”Are you nervous?” His question genuine, not fully understanding the trauma her body took with each pregnancy. He was aware that she had birthed children before (children that were also half siblings to him so he tried not to think about it at all, pushed it far back into the darkest recesses of his mind) and simply thought the process would be easy for her. A typical male who can’t fully comprehend.

The way her teeth grips his skin, sends his nerves on a warpath. His need for her was greater than ever but he dares not take her in such a condition. All he can do is wait, wait for the day she was free of the fragile package she carried. In the meantime, his own sleep becomes fitful with dreams he cannot act out in reality. His soft caress against her stomach slips lower, a mischievous glint in the flecks of gold.

She was more beautiful in his eye then ever. Her pregnancy only added to her appeal, made her softer around the edges, only made him want her more.

”I can’t wait.” His mouth murmurs, tantalizing breath that lingers over her skin, as he presses his lips back to the hollow of her neck. He can’t wait to be a father. He can’t wait to have a family. He can’t wait to feel her, taste her, consume her again.

Her question is unexpected in the heat of such things and the mischief quickly fades. Her gaze lingers on the scarred empty socket and he suddenly feels extremely exposed. He is quiet for a moment, lipping at her forelock as he thinks. He had shared his story, from beginning to end with Spark. There had been something about the fire girl that had managed to pry open the heavy locks, a task no other had been able to do.

It was odd how he felt so shut down when with her, when he had been so forthcoming with the medicine girl. Yet he owed her that, didn’t he? The mother of his child, still not sure that twins lurked within, should know everything about him. Her opinion mattered most which was perhaps why he was so loathed to share it, share those terrible secrets. What if it changed everything, what if it changed him in her eyes?

”I was taken by a Dark God.” He finally manages, the words slow. Thoughtful. Hesitant. ”He trapped me in a cavern. Tortured me. Made me do things I never thought I was capable of doing.” It all rushes back, the ghosts within him coming to the surface to haunt freely. ”He took me to a wasteland of snow. He killed me with ice and brought me back to life, alive but not. I fought a polar bear…” Here he grimaces, glad that he was no longer in that form. Suddenly feeling ashamed for wearing the bear’s skin. ”The bear took my eye. Carnage left his mark.” It’s as if he can feel the brand burning into his flesh all over again, can feel the moment the bear took hold of his life.

Casually, he plays with a strand of her briny lock, looking into her endless gaze. ”Why do you ask now?”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ledger - 09-20-2017, 12:08 AM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-20-2017, 12:47 AM