• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how you left me in this place [Grimdark]

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

He is infuriating, the way he continues to let his silvery gaze linger on the soft curve of her hip. The insufferable silence that spreads between them, her anger rising and falling in waves. Her own dark stormy sea brewing within her breast, rolling in her gut. Her heart flinging itself wildly about, hating the way he makes her feel. Afraid.

She had never been so intimate with fear until Lion had forced her to see it, acknowledge it. It had always been a lesser emotion, beneath a Queen to be anything but strong. She had always been certain in her convictions, fearless in the face of her enemies. A leader her people would look up to, aspire. Until the day her world had turned upside down. When she had felt powerless despite how hard she had fought, despite the wounds she had marked on him. It hadn’t been enough.

She doesn’t realize that she is trembling, wanting him to believe that she was shaking with anger. But that rage was only fueled by the rising insecurity of her terror.

Then finally, he looks away. Gazing past her to the river and the trees. Her breath comes in short hot gasps, realizing just how exposed she really is. The careful threads that she had knitted back together completely unraveled. She wants to tear at his flesh for what he has made her feel. Wants to pummel this rude stranger beneath her hooves. Most of all she wants to cry and never stop, unleashing the pain that had been trapped for so long.

She does none of these things, instead turning and stepping closer towards the ice and cold water. Needing a shock to awaken her mind, to give her another reason to tremble. She should leave, her wings rustling anxiously at her sides. unsure of what she wants to do. She could take flight right now and never look back.

She wasn’t a coward, she would never run. Never.

His voice breaks the muffled silence of the falling snow, as she paws at the crack in the ice with a single hoof. Ears still pinned to her skull but lifting only slightly to catch his words. Glancing at him from the corner of a narrowed eye, seeing he was still looking elsewhere. Coughing awkwardly. Offering his name.

She doesn't want his name. There was nothing more she wished then to have never laid eyes on him. It’s too late for that now. ”Didn’t anyone ever teach you any manners?” Comes her gruff response, concealing her name from him. Unwilling to give him anymore of herself then she already had.

@[Spink]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how you left me in this place [Grimdark] - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 09:49 PM