• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's Quiet Uptown [Any]
    Diable Rouge
    >
    Diable Rouge didn't know why life bestows such bad luck on seemingly good people. It seemed as though the most deserving people get nothing but suffering, while the wicked get everything the world has to offer. The pain her golden eyes hold is something he is all too familiar with - behind her mask, he knows she is hiding a life full of agony...just like him. 

Her words bring him a small amount of comfort. Her voice is sincere and genuine, and he gives her a smile to the best of his ability. Her eyes stare up at him as she asks her next question, pleading to give her an answer. 

"Is there something wrong with me Rou?"

Rou lets out a puff of air, almost a laugh. It wasn't out of disrespect, it was simply because he couldn't believe the question. Could anything truly be wrong with the mare in front of him? So caring, so sympathetic, so loving. It seemed as though he was standing in front of a nearly perfect equine. He lets out a sigh, then tries to answer her question. 

"I can't give you the perfect answer...but I'll try," He starts. "Sometimes, I think people take advantage of those who show so much compassion. They think it a weakness, when in reality it is one of the best strengths you can have. My mother...she was a lamb in a world full of wolves. The eye of a hurricane. Kaiode was the same way...that's why they were turned away so easily..." He takes a deep breath, composing himself. "I think maybe you love too much, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I think you are the kind of horse this world needs, Aurora. If others don't accept you...well, I guess they just aren't seeing how truly wonderful you are." His eyes look away quickly. He does not know Aurora, where she came from or who exactly she is, but from their brief interaction he can tell one thing - she is kind heart in a cruel world.   
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

@[AuroraElis]

Messages In This Thread
    It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-07-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-09-2017, 12:52 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-09-2017, 03:27 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-11-2017, 11:06 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-13-2017, 09:35 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-14-2017, 02:15 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-14-2017, 02:15 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-14-2017, 08:18 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-16-2017, 08:01 PM