• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Think.Think.Think.
    Where was I? How did I get here?  Ugh Impulse, why can't you remember anything?! All I remember is the shifting of lands.  Falling of homes.  The panic in everyone's eyes as everything they loved, everything they had worked to build was no more.  They had called it the Reckoning.  Stripping the lands and residents of everything they once were.  Purify it.  I had ran amongst the masses.  Dodging the fury of the mountain as I escaped to the outlands.  I roamed these lands for years unsure if I should return.  What would I return too?

As I crossed the ridge separating my solitary existence and Beqanna there was a shakiness to my stride.  Mismatched eyes were wide and alert as I watched the activity of the field.  Turn around! It's too much... My insecurities screamed for me to leave.  To return to what was familiar and safe.  Creeping slowly into the land I kept to the edges.  A line of brush to hide in if needed. What if someone is in those bushes?! A twig snapped underfoot sending me leaping into the sky.  My legs kicking violently at air.  Sweat formed streams down my neck and chest, coating my hide making it glisten.  Nares flare as a rattled warning escapes them.  I stop to look but I see no one near.  Stop it! You're making a complete fool of yourself...

I stand to collect my thoughts and calm my edged nerves.  My heart rattling against my ribcage.  Breathe. Just breathe. You are fine.  Deep breaths draw in and then out.  I notice a group of younger horses racing across the field and I wonder if something is chasing them.  I freeze as ears swivel to catch any sort of sound... Nothing comes so I relax my coiled muscles a bit.  See, nothing.  

I step forward once again.  Cautious steps.  There is a scent of water in the air.  The sweat has begun to dry in crusty waves on my coat so I decide I could use a bath.  Plus I was sort of thirsty from working myself up.  My eyes scan for danger but also for the water.  Rounding a bend of buckthorn I see something up ahead. Others had a similar need for water.  Stopping I watch, content on waiting until everyone leaves before going farther...

~Impulse~

I am my own worse enemy

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

While she has been added to the ranks, her decision to stay in Nerine was not final and written in stone. She was trying on the kingdom, seeing how it fit. The humidity of Tephra (and it’s brooding leader) was still appealing despite her growing affection for the ocean. Her stay on the coast had been pretty low key, uneventful for the most part. She had only laid eyes on it’s ruler once during a brief meeting but she still was unsure of Nerine’s intentions, what the goal end was.

Still she was considered a part of the kingdom and would never want to be seen as a freeloader. With a stretch of feathery wings as dark as night, she throws herself into the salty air and heads inland. It doesn’t take her long to reach the field and instantly find a mare that draws her attention. It was hard not to, those mismatched eyes. The way she flung her body around as if fighting an invisible foe. Her own golden eyes narrow as downy appendages fold neatly and tuck into her sides. A sheen of sweat coats her fur despite the chill in the air. Eyes so wide she can see the whites, panicked.

The mare seems to calm briefly, her lips lightly covered in froth as she searches for something. Slowly she approaches, aware that her jaguar dapples may confuse an already mad woman to think she is something she is not. ”If you are lost perhaps I can help.” Her voice steady and calm, soft as she can be even though it’s not quite in her nature. Perhaps she would not be the best recruit but it was obvious the mare needed assistance and at least Nerine was safe.

If you are lost...

The words drifted on the soft northern breeze that tossed her blackened locks across her golden eye.  Restricting her view of the incoming stranger.  Ears twisted back and forth catching the soft patter of hooves. What is that?!  They were neither quick nor paused.  Muscles coiled again and panic again rushed thru her. Dished face was tossed upwards, regaining her full spectrum of sight.  It's a bird. It's a cat. It's a horse! WTF is this?! 

Damp nares flared in confusion at such a site.  Twisting her rump around to face the creature head on. ...perhaps I can help.  Her mind was a mess and now she wondered if her eyes were playing tricks on her as well.  She remained frozen in place. Contemplating the question, or was it a statement.  She was unsure.  Help, yes that is what you need. Everything was happening so fast in her head she stammered with words, "I don't believe I am lost.  I'm unsure really. Maybe I am." She shook her head in confusion.  Thinking was only making everything even more unclear.  A soft snort of exhaustion emitted from her maw. "I'm Impulse," she scans over the mare as she semi-settles. See not everything wants to kill you.  Irritated switch of her ebony whips lash her hide.  "Were you born that way?" Motioning to the others bird-like appendages and cat spotted legs. Yeah, Impulse, point out someone's differences. That'll make friends. Idiot

~Impulse~

I am my own worse enemy

Bold is what she says out loud, the rest is voices in her head XD Is it weird this is how I visualize all Arabians to be like? Lol