• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hakuna matata . mafdet
    Through despair and hope, Through faith and love. Till we find our place, on the path unwinding.

The expression in his warm amber eyes changes from a relaxed excitement to disappointment as each leap the little black cat makes takes her further away from him. Like an apparition she comes and goes in his field of vision, deaf to his call. Each glimpse he has of the dark form she seems a little bit smaller. His tail lashes once, twice, before he rises to stand on four square paws to better scent the wind above the grasses. With a tilt of his head, he pulls air through his nose and across his tongue. The scent he finds is a wonderfully musky mix of fur licked clean and meadow grass. If is, again, feline... but it is someone other than the balck housecat.  

Off to his side, a gentle 'mew' causes his broad face to turn in renewed curiosity. He sees her quickly, the two feline ears peeking up above a fallen tree could not escape his notice. It only takes a few steps to bring him near.

She must have been stalking you as you stalked the other, he laughs to himself.

Once the lion is before her, he too couches low, bringing himself face to face with a pair of blue eyes. "Hello, little huntress." He purrs good naturedly as his belly sinks to the ground and his wide paws form a pillow for his furry chin.
    ZENITH

@[Mafdet] I hope it's alright that I moved this over to the meadow... I just continued from what we had going in the field.
    As soon as he spots her, Mafdet backs away, disappearing from view behind the protection of the log.

He’s coming closer, her twitching orange ears tells her, but he does not crest the wodden barrier. Instead, she hears the rustle of flattening grass that suggests he’s stopped and laid down. Indomitable curiosity has her creeping forward again, and soon her soft blue eyes are peering over the fallen tree.

There.

Even with her paws propped on the log, she’s still only eye level with the large cat. He’s far larger than any feline she’s ever seen before, which is saying something. Mafdet is no tiny kitten herself; her kind hail from the northern forests where large size and plush fur serve as protection from the bitter winters. She weighs at least 15 pounds and is at least two feet long from the tip of her perfect pink nose to the base of her bushy peach tail.

“Where is the rest of your fur?” She asks him without preamble. He must know, she reasons – he is distressingly bald everywhere but the ruff of his neck. Perhaps he is ill, Mafdet muses, though there is no dullness in his amber eyes or trembling of his muscle. Intrigued – but only mildly empathetic – she leaps to the top of the log with one fluid movement. She cranes her neck up and over, confirming that he is, indeed, missing most of his hair.

There is an odd tuft at the end of his long tail, and the way it flicks makes her consider leaping for it. She doesn’t though, and instead looks back to his too-large face.

“I’m Mafdet.” She tells him.

ooc: yes yes, totally fine Big Grin
    Through despair and hope, Through faith and love. Till we find our place, on the path unwinding.
    She is hesitant at first - as so many are - but soon she displays the sort of specifically feline mannerisms and spunk he has been craving, appearing and disappearing as if she knows that will only bring him closer.

"My fur is exactly where it should be, Mafdet." He purrs as he rolls onto his back, one paw lifting up to trace circles in the sky. Her comment does not disturb him in the least, he is beautiful and he knows it. Every hair was where he placed it. As he lounges with the crown of his head resting on the flattened grasses his amber eyes roll up and back to get another look at the other cat. "You don't have to hide behind that log," he tells her with a mischievous curling of his upper lip and a sparkle plays in his eye which is not altogether innocent. The muscles along his sides and abdomen ripple as he momentarily curls before flipping back into a low crouch in one easy movement. 

"It's not like it could keep me from getting to you if I wanted a taste." His long tale flitts back and forth in feigned boredom. But in truth, he hasn't been this engaged in far too long.  "But I prefer herbivores... well, for eating that is. Not for company. Carnavors are much better company,  I'm sure you agree." 
    ZENITH

@[Mafdet] wow, sorry this took A YEAR