• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Heartfire;
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She would be lying if she said he had not intrigued her from the moment they had first met. Whether that intrigue is a good or bad thing is yet to be decided, but it could certainly be said that attracting Heartfire’s attention should, by and large, be avoided. Unless, of course, one wanted her turning up in their lives at the oddest of moments. And perhaps the most inopportune times (though, to be fair, it had been rather fortunate a time or two. For others, of course). This is not because she is a particularly frightening creature, nor even particularly cruel. No, her agenda is her own. And that, unfortunately, is where the problem lies.

She does not always hold your best interests at heart. Rather, she does what she must for herself, and for her family.

In Dovev’s case, it seems to be a chronic case of in the wrong place at the wrong time. While she cannot say he is her favorite horse ever (certainly she has a few bones to pick with him), he is not truly what had drawn her here. Or rather, not the entire reason. It is true she had taken to keeping tabs on him. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer they say. And while they may not be enemies in the classic sense, certainly she would not consider them friends.

No, Violence had brought her. Or rather, the fact that Violence had deigned to take him captive. While that normally would cause her no loss of sleep, in this case, she has a rather vested interest. After all, the crafty woman had taken something else very near and dear to her. And though she might have him back now, she still has a score to settle.

And frankly, in this instance, it seems she can kill two birds with one stone.

With a soft sigh, she gazes dispassionately down at the bloodied figure lying at her feet. His words (My Dagger, as though he could claim such familiarity) had served to bring out the soft exhalation, drawing her from her musings. She had been staring at him in silence for a rather lengthy time, but then, she had also believed him insensate. Apparently however, the time had come.

“Excellent. You’re awake,” she replies crisply, shifting sideways so that she can better examine him. “Unfortunately hauling your heavy ass out of here is beyond my abilities, or I would have done so already,” she continues, a faint smirk edging onto her dark lips as one hoof lifts to prod him with a surprisingly gentle nudge. “So… time to get up, sleeping beauty.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Apparently he has managed to unlock a new level of sass :| :| :|

Messages In This Thread
    Heartfire; - by Dovev - 08-24-2017, 12:30 PM
    RE: Heartfire; - by Heartfire - 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM
    RE: Heartfire; - by Dovev - 08-24-2017, 05:46 PM
    RE: Heartfire; - by Heartfire - 08-25-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: Heartfire; - by Dovev - 08-26-2017, 02:45 AM
    RE: Heartfire; - by Heartfire - 08-26-2017, 11:31 PM