• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Friends with the Monsters, [Maugrim]

As the seasons changed so did I.  Gone were the spindly legs, the baby fluff, and awkwardness.  I had left the beaches of Nerine just as my mother had left me upon them, without a second glance. In it's place had formed an independent youth seeking guidance. I had no direction to my wandering but the Forest had seemed fitting.  Dark, dreary, lonely. Perfect.

It was a rainy day and as I crossed into the darkness I had found myself, found.  Another of my kind with pale skin and vibrate crimson eyes came for me.  A demonic ghost appearing from no where.  He said follow and I paused.  Questioning his intentions.  He claimed me to be his and I felt something I had never felt before. Wanted.  I would follow but on my own terms.  I needed something first.  A deep needed burned inside me wanting to escape.  It could only be sated by one thing... Water.

I traveled west as he told me but north first.  I could smell the salted brine water.  The way it stung your insides.  Coaxing a change in me.  I could feel them tangle with my equine tassels.  Thin membranes of transparent flesh spindles down around my hocks.  A slight sting as they contacted my equine hide.  Sending a sensation of ecstasy surging through my cranium.  Each step closer replaced tassel with tentacle.  

Unaware of my surrounding I hadn't noticed eyes upon me.  Dark and waiting they didn't flinch as I moved past them.  Stepping from solid terrain to moldable sands shifting under my hooves, I could almost wade in the tempting waves.  Then a rustle came from the nearby brush.  Ruby eyes shifted to find another lurking, "Show yourself!"  She demanded...

Dynast
    Friends with the Monsters

@[Maugrim]

So basically here she is in horse form but as she gets closer to the ocean jellyfish tentacles form in her tail...
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    His breath is ragged and wheezing as he lingers in the shadows, his dark and ravenous gaze unwavering as he watches her. He does not show himself and remains hidden, because he knows she will eventually find him – they always do. 

His pearlescent lips curl into a sinister grin as he pinpoints the exact moment that she realizes that she is being watched. Her muscles become taut beneath the shimmer of her dark skin, but other than that, she shows no fear. 

Yet.

“Ask and you shall receive,” he croons, his voice metal and unruly as it leaves the deep crevice of his throat. He emerges from the depths of his hiding place, a once colt now full fledged stallion, his body lean and sinewy from his many days spent in the water. Long and tangled, his mane and forelock have dried crisp against the curve of his neck and the hardened, emotionless lines of his face. With his maturity, Maugrim had practiced the art of flattery and flirtatious conversation, keeping his prey entertained with his handsome features and unusual charm – a rehearsed and robotic practice, none of which was real – merely a ploy.

She had come to the water and now so has he, his legs disappearing as he enters the cool spray, liquefying his once evergreen legs into clear, wavering water. At his knees he becomes solid again, standing perfectly still and especially close to her despite their just being strangers. 

“I’ve seen those before,” he murmurs, his dark eyes shifting down towards the thin, clear membranes that have sprouted from her tail, floating in the ocean’s surf. In his many ventures to the bottom of the sea, the stallion had seen tentacles more than once in his life, though never on a creature that looked like her. He reaches forward, curious as he will always be, and touches his pale and cracked lips to a tentacle that lays quietly on the skin of her smooth neck.

The stinging sensation does not cause him to jump back in surprise; he only smiles deviously, his lips lingering on the crackling of the stinging tentacle, enjoying the numbness that now throbs on his mouth. He moves his burning lips away from the membranes and slowly traces the soft slop of her shoulder, soothing the burns with the sweet taste of her salt-dried skin.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Dynast]

Quickly he slips out into the open.  Without so much as a pause.  The deep green that had blended so perfectly with the forest now contrasted against the sea... That is until he is becoming one with the waves.  His legs begin to fade as they meet water.  My brow cocks intruiged at what this meant.  Could there be others like me?

I stood frozen in place.  The waters licking at my alabaster legs.  But I did not stay still out of fear.  No, not fear.  Maybe curiousity or stubbornness, but not fear.  My crimson eyes observe him nearing.  The slight interest in his gaze as he notices her peculiarity.  I've seen these before... I grin in response, "Oh you have, have you?" 

I question his knowledge of my species.  How could a land dweller know my kind...? Then he is reaching for me, for them.  His reach is purposeful and direct.  My muscles twitch under taunt skin as he grazes my neck.  The tentacle that had laid undisturb shifts against his lips.  My eyes close as I feel the familiar sting erupt from my nerves.  Expecting him to pull back violently, thrashing in shock more than shear pain.  Instead there is a stillness beside me as he continues to explore.  My eyes open then to view a satisfied grin forming on his features.  Without turning my face I can see the pleasure he received from the pulsating shock.  In turn I can feel the adrenaline rushing through me.  My eyes close again as I feel a warmth overcoming my body.  My muzzle tucks to my breast, feeling now his lips wondering down my shoulder.  The cool waters rising up my slender legs as the tide rose slightly.  Words escaped me at that moment so I settled into the pleasant silence between two strangers.

Dynast

@[Maugrim]
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    She does not turn away from the coarse and brittle lips that delicately trace the tentacles that hang loosely from her body, her blazing red eyes hungrily examining the lavender and dark evergreen patterns that turn and twist across his skin. There is a certain stillness about the intricately painted black and ivory mare, a cautiousness and curiousness that exudes from her very being, like a scent that is both delicious and decadent across his flaring nostrils. His boldness surprises her, his knowledge of her brings her closer to him, ever closer…

He’s always taken to those with interesting abilities, for he himself is one of those kinds. These ones he doesn’t want to kill or drown (not immediately), but instead study and examine. One day, perhaps he could cultivate himself a fine collection of pretty little things, all beautiful and grotesquely warped beneath the stillness of the ocean’s depths. Little trophies to visit and reminisce, to relive their last precious moments by staring into their sodden, eyeless sockets, their hair waving in the deepest, darkest currents. 

“Yes,” he breathes with rumbling satisfaction, his bottomless eyes roving the buzzing tentacles. “Under the ocean, they glow.” 

His eyes snap to hers and for a moment he holds his breath, his skin quivering with anticipation. The water they stand in now swells with his emotions, pulling ever so lightly at their legs as it responds to the gentle prodding of his mind. He watches her with hungry eyes, knowing that the flutter of realization will cross her face a moment too late. 

In a moment the water is surrounding her, now arm-like in its way of pulling her down into its depths. He wouldn’t drag her far, no. Just enough so that he could see if she too would glow like the creatures he has seen in his dark, soundless world. 
    m a u g r i m.

@[Dynast]

Basically, he used his hydrokinesis to start dragging her into the water to see if her tentacles will glow. I hope this is okay and if it's not, I will edit! <3 He couldn't help it.

Yes...
    The singular word is spoken with a menacing breath.  My brow rises as his eyes lock onto mine.  The sea beginning to come to life under me.  Rising and falling.  With each movement the suction is dragging me farther from shore.  I resist slightly in confusion, "Whats happening? What are you trying to do?"  I question him but all I receive is a satisfied grin on devilish lips.  My scarlett eyes watch the waves consuming me into it's embrace.  Tentacles drift freely on the current, thickening as I'm forced into the depths.  

Then, I am floating.  Submerged.  Weightless.  I remember this feeling.  It was the day I came to be.  Though different.  I wasn't fully my other form.  My body shimmered, matching the color of the waters.  Translucent but not invisible.  Flickers of luminscent lights scatter across my once black hide.  Making my location known to those watching. Him watching.  Scarlett eyes glowed brightly, seeking his reaction.  "Is it how you remembered it?  Do I glow just as brightly as they do?"  My words cut thru the sea salted aqua easily.  Almost as effortlessly as breathing here...

Dynast

@[Maugrim]

It's perfect <3
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    He watches her with hungry, bottomless eyes – searching the depths of the dark and briny water for a glimpse of her form. He is not disappointed when her equine body gives way beneath the surging of the water that he controls, her submergence bringing about her truly unique ability. He blinks slowly, a ravenous smile on his pale and cracked lips, stepping further into his brooding waters to examine her more closely. She had questioned him earlier, but her frantic voice had fallen on deaf ears. He heard nothing but the growl of the waves as they take her under and the rapid pulse of his blood pumping through his veins. 

Her eyes are still there, ever present and burning beneath his control, the look of fear now leaving her. It disgruntles him, her lack of panic now that she floats beneath his grip in the frothing waters, but the glow that radiates from her keeps him mesmerized, like a moth staring into a light. 

She looks back at him with blinking and calm eyes, her jellyfish DNA allowing her the comfortability of breathing beneath the murky waves. His eyes reflect the glow she gives off, quite enthralled that his suspicion had been correct. She is almost ethereal beneath the dark ripple of water, otherworldly and ghost-like as she patiently floats beneath his grip, her voice as haunting and as gravitating as the water is to him. He snorts, amused. 

Maugrim cannot kill her (not in the way that he prefers), so he instead joins her. His grip on her body beneath the waves stays as strong as ever as he melts into the water, no longer a solid being but a fluidity within the waters, yet still a separate entity. Unlike her, his voice does not cut clearly through the water but yet is warbled and bubbling, as if the water itself is speaking to her. He surrounds her, his liquefied body now pressing in close to her beneath their gloomy underworld.

“If not more beautifully, darling,” he murmurs, the water pressing into her more urgently now, as if about to drag her deeper. “Do you want to see?” He offers, and though it sounds like a question, despite her answer, he will show her. 

She is his, now.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Dynast]

This is the first time since my birth I had felt at peace.  That I felt at home.  I decided I belonged here.  The to and fro of ocean current against my half transitioned form was calming.  Even as his eyes on me hunger for more I do not show fear.  If anything my eyes thirst for more. More knowledge. More danger.  

He nears me, becoming as much as one with the water as any equine could.  The still present pull against my form as he flatters me.  My colors flicker more vibrant.  I smile as any young girl would.  Do you want to see? He asks and I cannot resist the temptation to see what he has in mind... "I would love to,"  I breath into his liquid self.  They made an interesting pair.  I wait with anticipation on what others tricks he has to show me...

Dynast

@[Maugrim]
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    He is enraptured with her in a way he has never been with anyone before. The curiosity and awe has not been satisfied, whereas normally he would find himself growing bored – and his solution to boredom was a quick gasp of water flooding into their lungs. But she is unlike any creature he has met, more so than his girl with the water wings or the one that rots him from the inside out, for she can dwell just as he can beneath the ocean’s depths, search the bottomless sea and not gasp for breath, but breathe deeply and smoothly, as if the water in their bodies were more natural than the oxygen that fills their lungs. He wonders how deep she can go, if she can follow where he leads, if she could withstand the utter blackness and pressure of the deep sea.

Her voice warbles and bubbles in the light current that they currently float in. Her glowing tendrils set him alight, illuminating the nearly see through frame of the stallion that floats like a ghost beside her. He shimmers and twists, random parts of him becoming clearer and then invisible again with each roll of the tide. 

Suddenly, though, the natural current is no longer in control of their placement in the water’s depths. He is in charge now, with merely a twinkle of his mind causing them to be sucked downward as if in a whirlwind, pulling and tugging at them with the most unnatural of forces. He is skilled in his expertise, spinning them down, down, down, until they are at the point where many lungs would have collapsed and huge lungfuls of water would have been swallowed. But here they are at their most natural state, and despite the ravenous hunger for her demise floods at the back of his mind, the idea of sharing his most prized possession (the bottom of the ocean) with another seems to sedate that feeling for the time being…

She is the first to come to the depths alive, to float idly above the utter darkness as if they were on land. She alights the world around them with her soft, glowing light, the gleam of Maugrim’s eyes catching the jellyfish glow every so often – other than that, he is invisible to her. Tiny, eyeless fishes dart towards the warmth of her radiance, bumping into her supple flesh in confusion. Other, bigger fishes and squid swim away, terrified by her light and size.

Thankfully, they are not in the part of the ocean where he holds his treasures – bloated corpses of dead animals, the bones of carcasses long decayed with barnacles lodged in their eye sockets. 

Maugrim says nothing to her, but merely watches her. Her reaction to his will determine his next steps with his water-breathing companion.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Dynast]

Of all the things I don't know in life there is one I do, I am unique.  My abilities possess no extreme power.  They will not win me many battles, kingdoms or awards.  They are simple, yet astonishing...

Content on merely existing in the moment, I do not venture.  My luminescent form sways casually in the natural current.  Streaks of red spark throughout me.  I watch him in nearly the same form.  The lights I emit mirror off his body as it too sways.  I watch as his eyes light with emotions of all sorts.  That's when I feel a change in the waters.  They are turbulent.  Sucking them downwards, their bodies spinning around one another in a dance for only two.  His eyes study me carefully...

In the twisting of waters that drag us deeper into the blackness below I simply smile.  Looking past my gaze on my companion to watch the scenery.  There isn't much.  Formations if stone covered in all different types of sea creatures.  Schools of marine life darting away from the vortex he is creating.  It is a whole nother world below the surface of the vast ocean that few are able to witness.  

When the waters settle and they are still once again I look into his eyes.  Them wanting more.  I have only a little more to give.  So with a twist of my body I transform.  I am much smaller but oh how much brighter I shine.  My entirety is a mixture of red and yellow lights.  Stretching down the length of each tentacle.  My organs can be seen pulsating through the spongy top that is now my body.  I can no longer see.  Can no longer hear.  I can only be... 

Dynast

@[Maugrim] yay for squishy shifting lol