• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You Wished For Us To See This Place [Chemdog]
    Within two days of Xzavier's birth, as Sreva promised, she told the black stallion that the young colt was fit enough for the trip to Hyaline's land. Sreva had to admit, she was a little excited to see the place herself, for she had never been that far up north despite her time here in Beqanna. Following the Reckoning, she'd stuck to local lands, mostly in the hopes that she'd see Chemdog but also in the hope that she wouldn't be recruited by some herd or stallion just looking to add an additional member to their herd.

With Chemdog, sure, she was a member of his herd and moreso a harem, but she enjoyed the stallion's company. He treated her like a proper mare, spoke to her as if she mattered, and seemed to care enough for her that he decided to give her this colt as a wonderful gift. Sreva still didn't know if she would make an excellent mother, but the fact that Xzavier was eager to be by her side and that he hadn't fallen behind already spoke enough for her.

As Chemdog suggested, the trio headed along the coast, only retreating into the tree line when the tide covered the white sandy beaches. When they were able to walk on the sand though, Sreva enjoyed it. Feeling the shifting earth under her hooves, it was a totally different experience. The feeling of the sand parting beneath her weight, it was unlike when the water parted around her hooves or the grass gave way as she walked through the meadow and grazed. The sand, it was soft, it cushioned the impact, making it a bit of an easier journey for the mare since her legs were still slightly sore from bearing her increased weight while she had been pregnant.

Xzavier, despite his young age, was already displaying a great sense of curiosity and wonder about the world. Sreva was glad to see this; he wouldn't be a completely dependent foal, at least. His sense of independence and wanting to explore told the mare he'd be quite capable once he was an adult. He galloped through the sand and kicked it up with an excited squeal, every so often returning to his dam's side and neighing to try and get her to come play. Sreva was content to continue walking, and nudged her colt to encourage him to continue playing.

When he wasn't occupied with the sand, Xzavier would alternate between prancing around his sire to entice him to play, or, when that didn't work, playing a game of chase and evade with the ocean. When the waves receded as the water gathered out a few dozen feet for a bigger tide, Xzavier would chase the water onto the soaked beach sand, before retreating with a squeal as it started coming back toward him. The very first time he tried this, the colt backed up so rapidly that he ended up tripping over his back hooves and falling onto his back before going to hide behind his dam. Sreva did check to make sure he was okay, but Xzavier was quick to brush off his dam and return to the ocean, soon starting a game of it.

Sreva just laughed at her son as the trio continued their journey, eventually calling him to her side when she saw the tide rising. Every so often on the trip, the trio did stop, if only for a short while so that Xzavier could consume some more of his dam's milk to keep him strong. It wasn't an incredibly long trip, but with a colt in tow, it was probably slower-going than Chemdog was used to.

Finally, as they started nearing a thinner portion of the beach, Sreva guessed their were close to Hyaline. She allowed Chemdog to lead the way through this last leg of the journey, not knowing where she was going herself in particular. Eventually, the trees accustomed to the coast gave way to different colors of all kinds; reds, purples, and a darker red that reminded Sreva of some berries that grew back in the Forest. These were trees she definitely hadn't seen before, but absolutely enjoyed looking at. In the distance, a large mountain extended up toward the sky, a range going up behind it and extending farther than Sreva's eyes could see.

Chemdog continued leading the trio until they reached a safe area inside Hyaline, at which point Sreva's eyes went wide as she took in the sights around her. She hardly even noticed as Xzavier moved to stand beside her and reach for her teats, clearly hungry for some more milk.

The mare could hardly form a coherent sentence, feeling the stallion's presence next to her as she took in Hyaline's beauty.

"Wo... this is... my gosh I've never..." she turned to look at the stallion, "How did you find this place?"

@[Chemdog]

Pure chance, my sweet moonmare, pure magical chance.” He reaches out to touch her shoulder and chuff against it affectionately. His coat is beaded with streaks of sweat and salt from romping with his son among the sea-weed waves. The son too receives a triumphant nuzzle against his shoulder. Chemdog takes pause with his small family on the crest of a emerald knoll overlooking the lake and its surroundings. Sreva and the son are all that really remains of what was once a flourishing herd, but that was before and this is now; he cares not for what almost was.

I’m a Professor of Warfare here.” his tone loses a bit of its lightness, but not all together stone-serious. “Amet is their leader – our leader? I guess.” He takes in a deep calculative breath and levels his teal eyes with hers. “We’re safe from whatever is lurking around out there. You’re free to come and go, serve Hyaline or just us; it is up to you.” he chuckles, “I’m sure the young King could use some recruits, truly, but you know me…I only come back from the field with female things.” Another laugh rolls out of him and he splashes his tail against each speckled hip.

Winter is coming.” He clears his nostrils and looks out to the horizon that’s bloodied by a rosy sunrise. It is quiet in these pre-dawn hours, night things are tucking in and day things are just now starting to stir somberly in the dew. “And I’m damn glad for us to be here.” his thoughts settle with satisfaction on the thought of his son growing into adulthood here, training here, socializing here and having the freedom to choose between a rogue life or communal living.

Kota. His daughter’s face flashes through his mind and his forced to grin crookedly to himself, peering to the shadows behind. Something tells him she’ll be along soon and he’s rather excited to laugh in her face about choosing the River some years back. ‘Shut up father, just come with me’ she said, ‘just trust me, it’s perfect’ she purred. HA! Garbage. Now everyone and their cousin is shitting all over the pretty moss and old oak roots. Bastards. He shakes his head and brings himself back into the moment, looking over to Sreva at his side.

Well I’m definitely going for a dip – I smell like week old kelp in a dead whale’s asshole.” He pokes Xzavier playfully and rolls into a thunderous canter toward the crystalline lake below the hillside. He calls out, loud, shrill and carving through the chilly morning air. Soon a dip will not be so pleasant so it’s best to go into a cold season not smelling of decay, he supposes.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

@[Sreva] !! i love them so much it melts my fricking heart when i write him to her & x
    Sreva smiled at one of Chemdog's names for her, reaching out with her muzzle as the stallion brushed her shoulder with his own. Nickering affectionately to the broad-shouldered stallion, her eyes watched as he also gave Xzavier a nudge, smirking when he gives a light squeal in response to the show of affection.

She did not fail to notice that something seemed to be troubling the stallion, but did not have the chance to say anything. Chemdog started going on about his job here and what he had been assigned to do once he discovered this place, the Hyaline kingdom. Sreva didn't recognize the name 'Amet', but considering that she hardly knew a thing about Hyaline to begin with, the fact didn't trouble her much. She might get to know him later on, to ask if there was anything she could do to help here, along with her son once he got old enough of course.

Because, if Sreva already knew something about her colt, he'd be all-too willing to help once he was older. Chemdog said a few more words about Amet and how Sreva could contribute here, which she was happy to hear about. She didn't want to be a dead weight here; as it was, she'd feel enough like one while raising her colt. She was sure she could handle some stuff but she had no doubt that a mare with a colt at her side might be viewed as a hinderance because she would always be concerned about him and want him nearby until he was older.

So, Sreva made the decision to meet with Amet, not only to ask for some information about this kingdom but to also offer her help with anything around here so she could be of use.

Chemdog made a joke about his exhibitions to the field which had Sreva laughing but also left her slightly jealous since it meant he'd be paying attention to other mares. It was the way of the wild though; Sreva had never met a stallion, not yet at least, who had committed to only one life-time partner. Or, at the very least, stuck to one mare permanently despite siring foals with other mares he met in passing.

A light morning breeze brushed through Sreva's mane, pushing her forelock out of her left eye and over her right instead. Ever since her mane had grown out more, Sreva not thinking much of it, she had a bigger problem keeping it out of her eyes. She'd seen her reflection a few times and might not know it but she was a rather pretty looking mare now that her mane was longer.

Chemdog made another comment, this time about the approaching winter season. Sreva followed the stallion's gaze, knowing full well that he was right. During the two days she'd spent resting with Xzavier, letting him get the strength he needed for this journey, she'd felt the changes in the weather, the chilling breeze that not only signaled autumn but also winter's arrival.

Sreva also felt her winter coat already starting to grow in, and though Xzavier was still young, he was already getting rid of his baby fur and would have a good coat by the time winter rolled around. It wouldn't be as thick as an adult's, but it would be enough to protect him. And, of course, he'd have his dam and sire to help keep him warm if anything.

The trio stared into the horizon for a few moments before Chemdog spoke once more, a claim that Sreva couldn't be more happy to agree with.

"I'm glad that we are here too, finally. It seems like a great place to call home, and it will provide the space Xzavier needs to grow," she told Chemdog as she nuzzled the stallion's neck, glad to be here as well, because not only would it provide a good home for them but also a safe place for Xzavier to grow up in. As if reading her thoughts, Xzavier squealed again and lifted his tiny muzzle to search for his dam's. Sreva lowered her head, nuzzling her son, chuckling as he nibbled on her chin in a gentle manner, obviously trying to get her to play again.

Chemdog nosed his son to encourage him to go along as the stallion thundered toward the crystalline lake Sreva spotted on the cliffside not too far from them. Xzavier let out a shrill whinny, only sounding so because he was still so young. He reared up and thrashed out with his gangly legs before taking off at a gallop after his sire, trying to catch up to the much larger horse.

Sreva smiled at the display between father and son before she started following after them, keeping a meager trotting pace since she was in no hurry to catch up fast. She could see Xzavier fine from here, and he was under his sire's watchful eye. If anything happened, he'd be there, Sreva right on his heels. But she couldn't be a helicopter parent; she needed to give Xzavier his freedom, and that would start right now since she was letting him go so far from her side.

But, again, she could see him fine, so Sreva settled down and followed after the colt and the stallion, chuckling every time Xzavier whinnied for his father to slow down so he could catch up to him to play.

@[Chemdog]

OOC: I love writing for the two of them too, it is great Smile