• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I Don't Want the Destruction you Run From....
    This is an attempt to make right the wrongs in her young life.  A little bit of back story... As a foal her blight was uncontrolled.  Death followed her and she hated it.  She learned to control the poison and destroyed things on purpose.  She sees now the error in her ways and she wishes to make it right.  To fix what she and others have destroyed.  She is venturing to the mountains to plead that the fairies strip her of her poison[BLIGHT] and replace it with the power to repair the damage done to Beqanna[Rot Regeneration].  Of course if the fairies see fit to handle the thread another way I am all for whatever happens. Smile
    As her hooves beat against the hardened Autumn ground her mind traveled in thought.  What had she done? What had they done?  Destroying the world as if it was their right to do so.  She knew now the error of her ways.  As she had found the withering pine in Tephra just hours ago she realized how she had hated herself.  Hated the poison that pulsated  through her veins.  Even as a young filly she hated herself for the destruction she left in her wake with every step.  She had learned to harness the demons within her eventually.  Only releasing it as she saw fit.  The feeling of control empowered her but had she ever truly cared for this power within her.  She doubted she ever had.  And as the chilled breeze swept the ebony forelock from her view her vision had become clear.  She knew what she must do.

So with purpose in her stride she glided across the meadows, tangoed through the forests until the horizon revealed a towering structure.  It's neutral tinted surface appeared jagged.  White fluffy clouds gathered near it's peak.  Stopping abruptly to take in the view she noted the activity surrounding her. The forest creatures scurried within the treetops above her, while others forged amongst the fallen debris that covered the forest floors.  She understood now that the creatures of Beqanna needed these trees, needed the grasses, as did they.  It was their food, their homes.  Her carmel hued eyes scanned from one area to the next before a deep breath was drawn in.  

A step was put forward...

Carefully she made her way to the base of the Mountain.  Ivory dipped limbs moved gingerly along.  Careful to not lose her footing on the narrowing path.  Her sight was limited now to the winding trail before her.  Watching it take her higher and higher into the clouds.  An occasional loose stone shifted under her weight as she made the climb upwards.  Her pace slowed slightly as each step grew heavier.  The air thinned around her causing her breathing to be shallow and labored.  She would not turn back.  Not now.  Not until she set things right... Or tried.

For what seemed like an eternity she had climbed the Mountain.  The clouded haze finally broke into a plateau of tropical foilage.  Even more dense than that of the volcanic islands of Tephra.  Brilliant colors scattered in an array of enormous floral arrangements.  Captivated by the natural beauty surrounding her, she had forgotten the immediate purpose for her being here.  She had forgotten the poison that she held could ruin the Paradise in a moments time.  That is until a voice rang in her ears...

Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    She would like to point out that she was entirely right. They don’t learn. They don’t deserve the gifts they are given so freely, don’t deserve the power of the gods that lives in their blood. Yet the faeries had given it all back and so Wysteria watches as they return to their old ways. Many times, she does not watch at all, preferring to leave the mortals to their lives and their follies and to focus on Beqanna herself. Someone needed to care for the land. Someone needed to remember that the land was their life blood, that the faeries were no more than an extension of the land itself. Wysteria tended to the trees and returned magic to the places where it had been taken in large swaths. Often, she loitered on the border of Taiga as the land screamed, as it was bled dry for the sake of….of what?

That’s the question that follows her, the thing she cannot grasp. What do they hope to accomplish? Do they think, in the end, they will be anything more than a blip in this place? Wysteria can hardly remember those that have come before, and she’s the youngest of the faeries. Do they think their names will live forever? The thought almost makes her laugh, but she’s pulled from her thoughts instead by a girl that traipses up the mountain with rather purposeful steps.

She cannot resist, and she feels for the girl’s motives, debating if it was worth giving this wayward traveler the time of day. No one comes to the mountain unless summoned or unless they want something, and she is not the business of giving out free gifts. She’s not expecting anything worthwhile to come out of the girl’s head, but what she finds is surprising. A smile curls her lips just slightly, and she materializes at the top of the trail. She will not come down, but she waits patiently for the girl to make the climb. It is the first step toward earning what one seeks, after all.

Wysteria blends into the scenery so well, little more than a beautiful tree with purple flowers until she reveals herself fully. “Kolera,” she says, voice soft but impossible to miss as it echoes around them. The branches and leaves recede, leaving a white horse with purple vines and flowers instead of a mane or tail. Bits of her swirl and sparkle with the same purple, a little flair for the otherwise simple faery. “What brings you here?” She asks, even though she already knows. She wants to hear just want the mare has to say.

@[Kolera] please tag me in replies!
    Please tag in replies
    Dished crown twisted towards the voice, Kolera.  Ebony ears thrust forwards as eyes befall the sight.  Twisted tangles of lavender Wisteria branches begin to shift.  She finds herself taking a disbelieved step back.  How fitting.  The very thing she destroyed in Hyaline has come to seek revenge.  Eyes flutter close in a wince expecting some sort of backlash.  She deserved it didn't she? 

What brings you here?

A kind voice reaches out to her and when she opens her shuttered lids a most interesting of mythical fairies is standing before her.  Purple budded flowers hang like a curtain from the fairies neck.  A single coiled horn sprouts from the tangles of vine-like forelock.  Her brows lifted is surprise at such a sight.  She wasn't naive enough to think the fairies had not watched her come, but having never met one before she didn't know what to expect.  Her words fumbled from her uncertain lips, " Hi. Ummm well..." Collecting her thoughts quickly she continued with more confidence, "I came to ask for help.  You see, all my life I've only been able to destroy things.  Which I thought was kind of cool, but after what I did in Hyaline - or we did - I know now its not cool.  To destroy nature for no purpose.  I want to fix things.  Make them grow not die.  Give life not death." Her eyes cast down in sudden sadness at her thoughts.  Always death Kolera, never life, that had always been her future.  

With a determined focus she looked back up to the fairy of Wysteria branches, "I want to fix what I have destroyed.  What we have destroyed." Her words are strong.  Knowing the fairies probably already knew her purpose for her journey to the mountain she wouldn't waste anymore of their time with her ramblings.  They were busy she was sure.  She only hoped she could make right the wrongs of her past. 
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Wysteria Fairy] I hope its working Smile
    The girl's heart is in the right place, she supposes.
    They so often love to destroy, to wreck havoc over her grounds. Yet here is a girl, coming for help, to undo damage done. It's noble.
    But she has been burned before.
    They've lied to her before, to trick her out of her magic, deceived her on their intentions. She was more generous, once, but time and time again they grew greedy, always pushing the limits of her power, sucking Beqanna dry. So when the girl makes her suggestions - implied, if not explicitly stated - she hesitates.

"You'd trade your power for it," she says, but it's not really a question. It's a demand, her simplest one. She doesn't listen for an answer - why else would the girl have come, if she were not willing to make a sacrifice.
    "There's something else you must do," she says, "to make things right."
    A soft pouch appears around the girl's neck. It's lightweight, but filled with life. She steps closer, touches the bag, whispers something, an incantation. The bag glows briefly for a moment, then becomes dull again.
    "Redwoods," she says, "in honor of Taiga."
    Those horses were not so repentant as Kolera. Should any of them step foot on her mountain, they will rue the day.
    "You'll plant three seeds," she says, "two in places that are important to you. The last seed should be planted in Taiga. After you plant the first seed, you'll begin to be able to revive those plants you killed. After the second, your power will be stronger still. When the last seed is planted, your blight will be gone, and in its place, the ability to revive plants."
    She gives the girl one final look.
    "Go," she says, "and do not disappoint me."

OOC: make 3 IC posts of her planting the seeds - 2 wherever, and 1 in taiga (the guardians will let you pass, for this purpose). With each post, her new trait - flora revival - will grow stronger, and will be fully there when she plants the last seed. Her blight will disappear.

@[Kolera]