• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On with Hope to the Grave [Diplomats]

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

It had been some months since the blood bay had dispersed the diplomats, in that time there had been a lot of changes in Beqanna and in Tephra. Offspring finally seemed to be at ease with whatever demons he had and with that calming of self he had settled back into the kind of ruler the blood bay remembered. He had heard of “his” diplomats travels from Tephra to their assigned locations, and with those whispers, a promotion of the blue tipped stallion, Warrick. While Nymph thought every one of his diplomats were worthy and valuable in their own way, he would be naive to deny that Warrick surely earned that promotion. By title, they were equals now, and Nymph would take that into account from here out, but Offspring had given him a task and it was time to give the Overseer an update. So the blood bay called out to them, to Fox, to Thanata, to Jord, and Spear and Spark. He also called to any that were new, that should be brought up to date on any and all diplomatic information.

Nymph knew that not all meetings had gone well, he also knew that some might not have happened yet. But he wouldn’t wait any longer for tasks to be completed. If the task was not done he and Warrick would go themselves. With greater title came greater responsibility, and as the top ranking diplomats that responsibility fell on their shoulders. For Nymph that knowledge held no animosity nor did he begrudge on any others. He always did his best to ensure the others knew that. He also did his best not to come across too self-important. Really they were the same, just a little more experience here or there, and some luck along the way was really all that made them different hierarchy-wise. So Nymph waited for everyone to gather and when they had he spoke. ”Friends, I hope your journeys were fruitful. How do the other kingdoms fair? Are there any that you think would be particularly open to talks? Which lands do you think would make for a strong Allies? I am curious to share our thoughts, and what conclusions we think would be best for Tephra.” The truth was that they all depended on each other, they needed to share and to discuss. There was no way for one to know everything about all territories, so this part was vital for accurate information.

Nymphetamine scanned the group, he went ahead and lead by example, as was his way in most things. ”I went to Sylva, I met with Djinni, and her son Ivar. They were nice enough shared their alliances, I would be interested in learning more about that kingdom. However, they are a subkingdom of Nerine, so I am unsure how that would affect any further talks of an alliance.”  His words were simple, matter of fact, and he looked for opinions around the circle of gathered equines before his attention moved to the next to share. Tephra would grow stronger from all their efforts, and he looked forward to seeing how it would grow.

NYMPHETAMINE

ooc: well here are some words >.< they are weird for nymph but my muse does what it wants. lol
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

It will never feel like the Gates. He knows this. Accepted it. Nothing would ever be like the Gates. Nothing would ever truly feel like home. If Magnus was still here, perhaps things would be different. No… It would be very different. Despite the turmoil of emotions he feels towards his father, it was still his father. Deep down, he still loved and idolized the man. However nothing would tear him away from Ellyse. Nothing. He had but a small taste of what things could be, what a normal life might be. A life of love, passion, desire, and hope. They would have to pry it away from his cold dead claws before he would give it up willingly. Nobody would stand between them, not even Magnus.

Despite the strong nature of his feelings towards her, he still gives her space. She had a child now… And Dahmer. An odd dynamic where he wasn’t sure where he fits in. It was best to just stay away, keep the beast within him calm. Anytime he looked at the black stallion, the bear roared and battered itself against the bars of his ribcage. It was safer for all if he kept his distance. She knew where to find him.

Now time passes so slowly as he longs for her. He has traveled most of Tephra trying to eat up hours, make the days pass faster. His thin figure looked less gaunt and more lean with the amount of walking and traveling he has done. He is still far too skeletal in appearance, unable to find his appetite. Unable to sleep like he had that first night with Ellyse. The hollowed socket of his missing eye deeper, blacker. Avoiding the volcano as he has become accustomed to, he stands hock deep in the surf as the ocean crawls up the sands to meet him. The only solace he can find that keeps himself and the bear comfortable amongst the humidity.

A call sounds out behind him, a single ear swivels back to catch it as the corners of his lips tug downward into a small frown. He hesitates for a moment then leaves the comforting coolness of the water. He spots a blood bay stallion standing stoically, searching for others. He assumes this is the owner of the call. Ledger had never been one to seek a fight. Wars were not for him. But that was before he had met Carnage, before he and the bear had been fused as one. There was a rage within him now, awakened after laying dormant for so long.

In the Gates he had always been more for diplomacy. He’s not sure if he fits that role now. So he will try his hand in something old and something new. While he was loathe to battle, if he could love this place as Ellyse does… He would defend it. More importantly, he would defend her. Always.

A single lock of flaxen hair falls over the empty socket and he turns his head slightly to gaze at Nymph with his good eye, hazel brown flecked with gold. Much like his father’s. ”Hello.” His voice rough as gravel, realizing he had not spoken in days. ”I’m Ledger. I use to be a Diplomat of Heaven’s Gates in my time but I will admit I know nothing of these new lands.” He pauses, the bear shifts in his stomach but remains quiet. ”Use me as you will.” He finally ends, solemness spreading along his facial features. Perhaps with a purpose, he wouldn’t miss her so much.

Ledger

like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Beneath the volcano’s looming presence he found himself, comforted by its sweltering heat that radiated from it as well as the constant grumble of life it emits with every gush of lava spewed from its top. Here, where the smoke is the thickest and the sulfur the most pungent, he finds his peace. The billowing tower of smoke drowns out the sky’s open expanse, keeping the blue-bay stallion feeling grounded and focused. Focused on so much that he had gained in his short time in Tephra. With a deep, shuddering sigh he realizes that he no longer looks to the stars and feels alone.

Nymphetamine’s unmistakable call rouses him from his thoughts (thoughts of children and of Hyaline, thoughts of ancestors and constellations, thoughts of flight), and Warrick begins to lumber forth from his volcanic shelter. His wings, great and powerful, remain closely tucked into his sides – he had no wish to travel through the skies today, and would rather sav his strength and energy to fly through the starlit expanse that greets him each night.

Navy legs bring him quickly to Nymphetamine’s side, snorting softly as he comes to a short stop, brilliant blue eyes first flickering to the chestnut (a stranger to him) and then to the blood bay.

Much like Ledger, Warrick has never been one for war. He is purely a logical being, eloquent at voicing different matters and quick to subdue any tension that rises with compromise and peace, resorting to battle only when all other options have been exhausted. His loyalty is fierce and true to those whom he serves, and despite being rather diplomatic and peaceful, Warrick will prove to be an excellent solider if the time came.

Warrick lifts his head slightly as his gaze shifts to Ledger, for the unfamiliar stallion has now given him a name.

“Ledger,” he repeats with a gentle nod of his head, “I am Warrick. As an emissary, please know that not only the soldiers are patrolling borders and inquiring visitors – take it upon yourself to familiarize yourself with everyone who comes to our land. The more information we have, the more prepared we can be.” For anything that might happen, he doesn’t add.

With a dip of his head in respect as well as in greeting to Nymphetamine, Warrick listens carefully as the blood bay stallion shares his recent findings. Warrick’s eyes soften at the mention of Ivar, remembering the encounter they had the previous year, and their exploration throughout Tephra. He is glad to hear that Sylva could at least be seen as a kingdom that could be open to the idea of an alliance, seeing as they were transparent in their information with Nymphetamine.

Warrick’s wings involuntarily flutter at his sides as his confidant mentions Nerine, the uneasiness apparent on the hardened planes of his face. He remembers Nayl, the fierce queen that he had met during his visit with Offspring to Hyaline, and with a deep sigh, his ears fall backwards into his tangled mane passively.

“With Hyaline being beneath Nerine’s and Nayl’s watchful gaze, I’m not sure how promising it would be to form any sort of alliance between those three kingdoms at this moment in time. Our visit to Hyaline did not smooth out things as we hoped it would have. Even with the best intentions, Nayl is not happy with Tephra at the moment.” A pause. “Time will tell just how the queen feels about Tephran residents. Until Offspring and the queen have settled their quarrels, we should focus on other kingdoms and tread lightly in Hyaline, Nerine, and Sylva. I advise not to venture there unless accompanied by Nymphetamine or myself, or even Offspring himself.”

He glances at Nymphetamine, sighing deeply. The heir’s destruction in Hyaline has burned the bridges between three of Beqanna’s kingdoms for the time being, and with Levi living within Tephra and protected by the King, he cannot help but worry that there might be something foreboding looming on the horizon. He has nothing left to say, feeling slightly empty and wishing he had brought better news with him. He waits for their responses, their questions, their suggestions, but he waits expectantly for Nymphetamine's mind to consume the information Warrick had given him, and to give Warrick some insight as to what their next step should be. His promotion had been a great honor, but the blue-bay stallion knows when to look to those more experienced and well advised. He will learn a great many things from him.
    Warrick
    Both of them have been remiss in their duties.
    Neither made it to Nerine - not yet.
    But they are beckoned for, and must make amends.

Spark comes forth with Spear trailing her; each of them seems distant and as if their hearts are not in it. Both of them love this land and each other, but other things called them away - lovers lost and found, and other things, like Spear’s newfound fire magic that made them all the more closer now that they shared that between them. Still, they have failed the blood bay stallion and their failure sits in each of them like a stone.

(They were more loyal to each other and to their father than anything else. They tried though, oh they tried!)

Warrick is there ahead of them, and someone else - someone that Spark recognizes but only nods at. She had not the chance to conclude her strange conversation with him before… well no matter, she thinks, he’s here of his own accord somehow and there might be time later for them to pick up where they left off. She leans in closer to her brother, his fire magic soothes her wild fire mimicry and tends to keep it at bay most of the time, otherwise she’d just burn off this skin and go gallivanting off as a thing of living flame that nothing could stop.

(Not nothing - but someone, her heart whispers to her.)

Both of them had heard of a great many things happening, like their half-brother being named their father’s heir of all things and how he had destroyed part of another kingdom with his own fire. Their bloodline was drawn to it, perhaps as much cursed by it as it was blessed by it. They might not have been present much but the winds of rumor and whisper still carried much to their ears and in the end, each of them had thought it not prudent to go to Nerine with the looming hostilities still playing out between each land’s King and Queen.

“There is nothing to report on Nerine as we never made it there and for that, we apologize that we have failed on this task. It seemed less than wise to go in light of recent truths about happenings in Hyaline and elsewhere. Still, we would like to be of some service to the diplomats somehow.” It is Spear that speaks, more diplomatic than usual.

ooc: I went on away shortly after being given the assignment so... figured this was the best way to play it out? :/