• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || offspring
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer closes his blue eyes and then there is nothing but the slightly sulfuric wind and the warmth of Tephra. His home. He inhales deeply, slowly, as if he has been dying without it. It is the same, but it is also different (can it be both?), and it feels good.

His icy eyes open at the sound of hooves.

Even as Offspring approaches, his dark frame immense and daunting, Dahmer feels more happiness than he does anxiety. The King has the final decision, to keep the black beast or to point him from Tephra, but simply standing back in the volcanic territory has lifted Dahmer's spirits. The former councilman lowers his narrow head to Offspring, though his bright eyes take the moment to wonder at the other stallion's marred flesh. Dahmer rustled his feathered wings against his own coat, suddenly very aware of the change he'd undergone during his time at the River.

The Tephran King moves straight to business, pushing all distractions from Dahmer's mind and drawing forth a genuine smile to his dark lips. "It's good to be home," he says with a quiet chuckle before raising his head and flicking his tousled forelock to the side. He turns his gaze from Offspring, moving it to the volcano in the distance so that the other stallion can't see his eyes become glossy.

"Thank you, Offspring."

Clearing his throat, Dahmer finally turns his gaze back to his new King. He stands taller now, his thoroughbred frame responding proudly to the feeling of renewed purpose. He has Tephra, and soon, he will have Smoak. "I would like the chance to show that I can be a worthy advisor to you. Please tell me where I should start," he requests pleasantly.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Offspring]

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || offspring - by Dahmer - 07-17-2017, 03:17 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || offspring - by Offspring - 07-17-2017, 08:49 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || offspring - by Dahmer - 07-20-2017, 09:35 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || offspring - by Offspring - 07-25-2017, 02:19 PM