• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can see it in the back of my mind [Nikoline]
    you give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head.
    It’s funny how the man who once led the land of bachelors has now ended up on a beach filled with woman. Or maybe not funny at all, his life coming full circle. He had been born in the home of the Amazons after all, had grown up in the jungle. Perhaps that was why he had always been so extremely comfortable around woman. Growing up he had learned how to make them laugh, make them smile, piss them off.

Of course that is long lost to him now, those days spent in the humid undergrowth. Now he only knows of the briny winds, the clash of waves, the grains of sand that stick to every crevice. He only knows Nocturnal, he had dreamed her as a dragon once. It had been quite the dream. His escape from purgatory lost just like the rest of his memories, unable to recall the life he had once lived or anyone in it.

He misses her, it’s a quiet loneliness that he keeps to himself and pushes deep within. Perhaps she was avoiding him or maybe she was just lost in her own thoughts. Either way he hadn’t seen her in awhile and it bothers him more then he will admit. Red eyes peer through his thick ebony forelock, scarred body moving quietly through the open snowy meadow. The snow is not as thick, bright sunlight starting to eat away at it’s edges. Spring would come soon enough, he can feel it. His thick coat keeps the cold from penetrating to his bones and he enjoys the crisp cool morning, inhaling deeply so that his lungs burn.

It’s rather empty today, a few horses scattered here or there but keeping close to the warmth of the trees. They don’t venture out in the cold like he does but then they haven’t come back from the dead like he. Cold doesn’t bother him anymore, not like it use to. Not like it ever did, but he can’t remember that.
    no crosses count
    i want to do it again

@[Elle Belle]
    a kiss with a fist is better than none

The winter grows her hair long and thick, she is wider with the fluff that swallows her normally slim frame. She enjoys the way the snowflakes coat her skin, the way they melt on her tongue as she stands in the meadow with a complete look of contentment.

Niko had tried her hand at a herd life. She had tried to venture to the field but the efforts had collapsed so now she finds the nomad life in the meadow was much more suiting for her scattered soul. The painted woman notices a dark male in the meadow, dark and looming against the soft palette of grays that dabbed the land. Pale green eyes rotate to watch as he picks his way over the edges of frost and frozen soil, hugging the tree lines with the thickness of his body.

"Hello." The single syllables forms into a small wisp of frozen droplets, traveling between them to fill the space between their bodies. Niko offers a small polite smile, a nod, interested to see if he will respond or perhaps wandering away. It was not uncommon for that to happen. The woman, small, more feminine, relaxes and shifts her weight from one hip to the other as the dark forelock  catches int he wind to block her eyes momentarily before being flicked away to watch the dark stranger.

nikoline
    they say only the good die young.
    The snow is wet and thick, clinging to the extra fur that covers his dark figure. It chills him but the cold doesn’t bother him, it never had. Slowly he knows he is picking his way towards the inevitable. Although the coast is pretty enough, it does not satisfy him. There is no place for him there. With Nocturnal missing, there’s no reason to stay. Eventually he will find the homeless and allow himself to be poked and prodded, to see if he will be good enough to serve them. Mostly he hopes to find her there for wherever she goes he would willingly follow. Loyal to a fault, somethings never change.

A soft voice breaks the icy stillness. He turns his head slightly, burning red eyes taking in a figure so close it was surprising he had noticed her sooner. She is pretty, bay and white with touches of sooty black in her mane and tail. Bright green eyes that sparkle like emeralds. A soft smile graces her lips and he can’t help but return it. Crimson smolders like hot coals as he turns his scarred body to fully face her. ”Hello.” A pause for a moment, hesitating only slightly before asking. ”You haven’t seen a mare and a colt that shoots lightning by chance have you?”

no crosses count
    i want to do it again

I'm so sorry this took so long! @[Nikoline]