• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tribe members wanting a job;
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Wisps of her forelock sweep across her face as she stands on the shore, her fiery gaze thoughtfully staring at the ocean. Isobell is at her side, pressed closely and riddled with curiosity. There is a vibrating electricity coursing through Nayl’s veins. Memories of the gladiators first come to mind, then Nerine, then her subkingdoms. Her influence is spreading like poison across Beqanna, but she wants more. While there is peace and tranquility among the lands – something she has thus far enjoyed – but there is still an underlying, lingering lust for something greater.

A breath is drawn in before she turns her head to gaze upon her daughter. ”I hope you will be even stronger – even more powerful – than me,” a delicate touch is pressed to the yearling’s cheek. ”But I do want to know what interests you. Is it here that you wish to remain, or shall I pave a new path for you elsewhere?” There are always possibilities, numerous options, that she can bring to fruition out of love for her own child. ”Think about it, Isobell, and let me know one day.”

A final smile flickers across her lips, but then her expression is once again stoic as she easily shifts from mother to Queen. Her posture stiffens and her eyes become lit by her inner fire when she calls for any of her tribal women. It isn’t a formal meeting; there is really no need for one. Those whose curiosity lures them from the shadows, however, heed her call with erected ears.

”Hyaline and Sylva are our subkingdoms, as you know. For our efforts to protect them, however, I think we should ask for some sort of tribute.” A smug grin coils across her velvet lips, a shrug ripples through her muscular shoulders. ”For anyone willing, go to these lands and inform them that we request a daughter to further strengthen our ties. If they do not have a daughter at the time, see what they can provide in the meantime. Nerine is a strong kingdom. This would be a thank you for shielding them, no?” A glance finds Isobell again, simply out of habit, before looking at the few in front of her again. ”I’m speaking with Ruan to see if he will also join Nerine’s forces…” she doesn’t have high expectations from the icy king, but it doesn’t stop her from reaching out her hand to him.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina