• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Friends with the Monsters, [Taren]

I turned my alabaster splashed face to witness my mother become one with the waves.  The familiar form of splashed blue hide and bone magically transforming into the slick grey porpoise.  She hadn't looked back, not once.  Had I meant that little to her...? Maybe.  Confusion overcame me as I stood silently.  I didn't not run. Did not panic.  I felt small against the vast seas before me. I felt alone...

Pulling my scarlet eyes from the white capped waves I looked back to where the stone mare stood, had stood.  She too vanishing from my sight.  With a whispered snort I stepped forward towards the sea-green landscape.  Each hoof carefully placed as I steadied myself.  There was no longer a crutch to hold her and falling was not an option. 

Ebony fluff tail twitched upon my rump as I continued on my way, reaching the windswept grasses.  The breeze forcing sea salt into my already parched lips.  An instinct told me i needed water and my belly rumbled.  Looking to the grasses I did not crave them.  I did not know what I needed, but I was determined to figure it out...

I stopped to look across the land.  The slender blades of vegetation swept across my ivory splashed belly.  I raise my hind limb and kick at the irritation upon me.  As I lash out a swarm of spring-legged bugs pounce from their resting places within the grass.  Crimson gaze flicks predator-like at the creatures as they once again rest.  Singling out one, my eyes narrowed.  Something deep within my geno surfaced just then.  Mouth watering.  Ink ears fall back as I readied for the attack.  My body morphs, fading into the landscape, only a transparent shade remains...

My prey watched with globed eyes. Unsuspecting of my planned attack.  Vulnerable. Weak. Such simple creatures.  It takes only a second, there then not.  I pluck my prey from it's perch.  It's spindly legs scramble upon my tongue as I end it's short pathetic life.  

Crunch...

It was small but satisfying.  Enough for now.  My body fades back to it's ink and alabaster form once again.  I move on from my location and venture farther inland.  Away from the beaches. Abandoned and alone...

Dynast
    Friends with the Monsters
    taren
    you're a real firecracker, aren't you sparky?
    Taren has run away from his mother again. Cackling like a little fool, he had zapped her on the rump with a blue bolt of lightning and had run away screaming at the top of his lungs, legs flailing and head lolled back. His tongue was flying out of his mouth unelegantly as he snipped and snarled his way to the craggy bluff overlooking the sea. The smell of the salt was beautiful to him--it reminded him of the sulphur after smell that comes with setting stuff on fire with a good piece of static. However, Taren still hates the sand, and as he looks behind him, he is careful that his shock-yellow fluffy tail mops up what little sand grains are on his bum, making sure his blue-black hide remains pristine and itchy free.

But from his place--a carefully chosen perch away from the sandy beach--he has seen a strange looking girl, older than him. Her body is dip dyed scarlet and black, and... she is wading in the water like a lunatic. Looking back on the beach for--well he's not sure what she's looking for, but she turns her head back a couple of times, before turning her attention back to the water, tilting her head, and then... she disappeared. Taren blinked, widening his stance as he searched the waves for her. She just fucking disappeared!

Tilting his head the other way, his yellow eyes peered towards what looked to be a limp plastic bag. Floating. doing nothing. Just floating. The lightning child is too far away to see that she has taken on a meal in to her belly, but he looks in that direction never the less. Still conflustercated as to where the fuck the girl had gotten to. While he spends his time figuring it out, notices that the limp floating plastic bag is gone... and once again, a girl is standing there, wading in the shallow waves, peering back at the beach.

Eventually she leaves, shadowing her body within the treeline. Taren bolts, his crazy legs going every which direction as he leaves his perch to go after her. Losing his footing, he slides down the bank, sand riding up his crack as he falls ungraciously at the girl's feet.

"Fuck. Sand wedgie."

He gets up, shuffles his feet in the sand quickly, and takes a stance. Green lightning generates around his back legs and he kicks backward, effectively blowing up the perch he'd been standing on. If it was going to betray his trust and give him a sand wedgie... it would be no more. Surveying the damage with a satisfied grin, he looks back at the girl. Tilting his head--causing his ears to flop in a most undignified manner--he looks to her. "Hi. I'm Taren."

My onyx ears flip backwards as a crashing noise was coming up from behind me.  Quickly I spin about on my new found balance, dark toes digging into the grainy terrain.  My scarlett eyes behold a smallish body of black and yellow speeding towards me.  I leap from my location, legs as springy as the hopper bugs I devoured, to avoid a collision. Having avoided certain disaster my eyes narrowed at the stranger, now kicking about, a scowl upon my face.  I curse at him, "Watch where you're going! You almost KILLED me." A tad dramatic I know but hey, I've had a bad day...

As the source of his location collapses my glare deviates from him for a moment.  Confusion upon my face.  Having no reasonable explanation I look to him again just as he speaks,

Hi. I'm Taren

My tail twitches across my rump as I think of how to respond.  The stone mare had asked my name and I replied Dynast.  That answer seemed to satisfy her so perhaps that is what this Taren is wanting.  My voice is not so irritated as before, "My name is Dynast..."  I wonder if he lives here and if he's alone as well...

"Did your mother leave you too?" I'm not sure about anything at this point other than I'm alone now.  My head tilts waiting for him to answer back.  Since first hearing my voice I'm kind of liking the sound of it. 

Dynast
    Friends with the Monsters

She's not very old so she's just figuring out life.  Forgive her dumbness XD