• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take my hand, take my everything; Offspring, Fox, any
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Summer swelters around them in all its humid glory. The sun shines its brightest upon them, warming the entirety of Beqanna with its merciless rays. For Tephra, with its volcanic core and steamy, lush greenery, it only becomes more intense. More thick with heat and endless mist. For a snow lover like Fox, it is positively soupy.

Fortunately, he carries winter with him, the only relief to this blessed heat. Still, even with its dampening effects and ability to melt his snow and ice far too rapidly, it is hard to depress the eternally buoyant spirits of the young red stallion. So it should come as no surprise that he can be found bounding across the crisscrossing streams of lava, flaring red amongst the black, as he makes his way towards the nearby sea.

His burnished copper coat is slick with sweat and water, the effects of his varied attempts to cool himself. Despite this, his eyes glitter with delight and his steps abound with energetic enthusiasm. For a spare moment, he doesn't notice the pair of figures standing along the shore not too distant from him. When he does however, recognition is nearly instantaneous.

A wide, contagious grin growing upon his lips, he ambles towards them in a surprisingly leisurely manner. But then, even he can't always have endless supplies of energy.

As he nears, the similarities between he and his younger sister are immediately apparent. Indeed, they could have been twins were it not for the year difference in their ages. The rusty color of their coats are almost identical in shade, the amber of their eyes a near replica of their sire. And their similarities do not end there.

In one respect though, he had grown quite different. His own frame had become more solid, the gangliness of youth giving way to the broad musculature of a young stallion.

“Hellooo!” he greets brightly, as he comes to a halt on the other side of his sister, beaming gaze roaming across the newly crowned king before settling on his youngest sibling with a wink. “Fine day, isn't it? Although I do say it would be finer were it not quite so, er, wet. Shouldn't be wet if it's not raining.” He pauses, chuckling at his own (admittedly rather lame) joke. “Easily enough fixed though, I should say.” Abruptly a flurry of snow surrounds them, cooling the air in the immediate vicinity, catching the breeze off the water and turning it a tad chillier. “Can't do much about the wet, I'm afraid, but helps with the heat.”

In the brief silence that follows, Offspring’s question registers, and for a moment, he has the wherewithal to look a bit chagrined. “Didn't mean to interrupt, my friend.” With a grin, he turns to Radiant before continuing. “How've you been, sis? Been too long.”
    Fox

Sorry, his chattiness refuses to be curtailed :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take my hand, take my everything; Offspring, Fox, any - by Offspring - 06-07-2017, 12:43 PM
    RE: take my hand, take my everything; Offspring, Fox, any - by Fox - 06-10-2017, 11:47 PM