• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea; any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet is pleased when Warrick agrees to the tour, and excited that he will be able to deliver Tang's friend to her. There is a small bubble of doubt that is slowly forming in his stomach, as if there is something subconscious trying to warn him away doing so, but the scaled stallion represses the feeling and opts to listen to the way their hooves fall easily against the ground of Hyaline.

The young Akhal-Teke is proud to show of his home to Warrick as they search for Tang, his crescent-shaped nostrils fluttering occasionally to see if her scent has grown stronger. He has seen her in this part of the territory, often moving in the opposite direction of the lake and towards the mountains that protect their valley. He loves Tang's wanderlust, but finds that he is often excited to see her whenever she returns.

The dragon king allows Warrick's description of Tephra, abounding with interesting details, to distract him from thoughts of the overo mare. He has journeyed through a jungle before, on the outskirts of the Dunes, but the trip was too fast and too frantic for the Akhal-Teke to fully appreciate its beauty. Amet's ears twitch as the blue-pointed visitor mentions Tang again and his lips twist into a small grin, but he refrains from turning his gaze to the other stallion. "The volcano," he lingers with curiosity, "I've never seen one, you know."

His amber eyes watches through the boughs of wisteria and maple for any indication of their painted friend, to no avail. "Thank you, Warrick," he says kindly, "I'm just thankful to be able to provide a home for my siblings." He expels a small snort, nearly ready to halt their wandering near the crystal lake and call Tang to them, but it's just then that her voice rings loud through the crisp air. The dragon king smiles warmly and he pivots to follow the sound.

They are quick to find her, and Amet grins lazily at the mare as he and his blue-pointed companion emerge from the trees. "I thought you might see us before we saw you," his amber eyes move to the mountain peaks at her back. The gilded stallion extends his muzzle to press its softness to her neck before taking a few steps back. "I've brought you a surprise," with a friendly glance at Warrick.

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea; any - by Amet - 06-10-2017, 08:45 PM