• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ivar
    Stillwater
    His boy senses him, hears him, and only flicks an ear in quiet acknowledgement. Until recognition rippled through him, and he turned with a ready greeting. Dad. It was still strange to be called that. He’d never thought he’d have kids. Ever. Hadn’t even meant to. Djinni though… Well, it couldn’t have been helped. And he honestly didn't regret it, except for the distance it seemed to put between he and his boy’s mother. He hated that distance.

He lowered casually and lay beside Ivar, secretly soaking in his time with him. He was still convinced one day his son just wouldn’t return. Tracking him would probably be possible. Maybe. If he made himself available to be found. Bit trickier to do through the water without the other body, the other senses. But maybe he wouldn’t have to. He hoped that was the case as his only offspring leaned against him. Hmm. He also hoped Ivar didn’t care for siblings. They probably wouldn’t happen.

”I went to Ischia,” Ivar began, telling him how he liked the saltwater. Stillwater grimaced openly. Seawater was not his preferred choice by far, only terribly convenient for travel and hiding. It felt coarse and clinging, to him, but his boy liked it. He’d met someone named Kylin, seen jungles and flowers, swam to the bottom of the lake Hyaline. He’d seen that disgusting volcano that could occasionally be smelled on an especially determined breeze, all sulfur and smoke and choking. At least Ivar hadn’t found that to his liking. Gross.

”I want to go to Loess,” he continued. Stillwater hadn’t heard of that one yet, though, and kept indifferent. ”That’s the only place I haven’t been.”

You’ve been to Nerine a good bit, then? He couldn’t help but ask about his old home. Couldn’t help but wonder if it looked different, if his cave was still in place and uninhabited, if the tide still rose and locked it safely beneath the sea. Do you like everyone there?

”This is my favorite,” Ivar said after a long pause for consideration, ”I like it here best.”

Good, he said with a nod, nonchalant despite that it pleased him. It still remained fact though, that one day his boy wouldn't come home. Do you hunt, he asked casually, still uncertain if the bloodlust had passed to his only child. What if it had? What if he attacked his mother one day? That would be the worst possible thing that could happen, but it wasn't something he was going to share unless he was required to. He waited calmly, a mask of secrets even to his own son.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    ivar - by Stillwater - 05-27-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: ivar - by Ivar - 06-03-2017, 09:45 AM
    RE: ivar - by Stillwater - 06-10-2017, 11:57 PM
    RE: ivar - by Ivar - 06-11-2017, 11:17 AM