• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I need no sympathy; ALL PANGEA PONIES
    Rhae
    She had forgotten. Until that moment she had forgotten how swiftly Waylan could affect her. His tenderness as he held her was startling, but oh so very welcomed, and selfishly she leaned into it just the slightest bit. She wished Bruise were here. But Waylan put that wish straight to death when he spoke. Left us, he said. Bruise left us.

Her heart squeezed painfully and she couldn't help the tear trying to resurface to her glassy-blue eyes. Left? He left her without a word? No, he wouldn't do that, would he? He loved her.

Didn't he?
    Hadn't he?

"...but I know how fond he was of you, therefore I shall keep you safe," he promised her in a whisper. Her breath caught in her throat along with the hope that he meant it. Bruise was fond of her. She loved that validation too, always second-guessing herself. Maybe she'd imagined it. But no, see? Even Waylan knew Bruise had loved her. And now Waylan would protect her. She almost smiled, breathlessly taking the comfort he offered with such a gentle brush of his velvet against her. That, too, stole her breath away and she blushed deeply.

And then the moment was shattered as someone else joined. She so wished no one else would show, but here this woman comes straight at her, rounding Waylan's broad chest to get to her. Rhae blanched at suddenly becoming her target and scuttled hastily back, but she wasn't quick enough and the woman collided with her. Just as she did, Waylan stepped in, living up to his word already that he would keep her safe.

She flinched when she found she had almost scrambled backwards straight into another body, a young man. Her head ducked with another blush, and she looked up at him from behind a sticky curtain of still-damp, white hair and thick lashes. She couldn't help but feel like she'd.. overstepped somehow. Overstepped with a family, Waylan's family. She hadn't known he had one, though of course she wasn't surprised. This younger one seemed kind, which confused her considering where they came from, but she knew better the moment Waylan snapped at him too. He must be a danger also, then.

She didn't want to get between Waylan and his family. The woman was clearly attached and territorial, and perhaps the boy was his as well. So she kept her quiet steps backwards, sinking into the shadow of trees as Waylan's attention was demanded elsewhere, a sharp woman that looked every bit a queen with a challenge in her eyes. Rhae settled quietly, briefly, until they were well distracted and she slipped away into the forest with the intent to meet with Waylan some other time. With less people, hopefully. She had never done well in crowds.

Messages In This Thread
    I need no sympathy; ALL PANGEA PONIES - by Waylan - 05-16-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: I need no sympathy; ALL PANGEA PONIES - by Rhae - 05-24-2017, 06:11 PM