• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hyacinthum ; ANY; OPEN
    Nour walked slowly, blue eyes widening at the sight before her. Horses. So many horses, scattered about the large meadow. To put it lightly, the crimson mare was overwhelmed. She tossed her head, riding her vision of the silvery forelock she possessed. 

"Where shall we go?Hmm..."

She whispered, scanning the area. After a moments hesitation , she decided upon a string of trees. All this walking , and worrying had gotten the mare quite hot. Shade was just what she needed. 

Despite her previous wonder at the throngs of mares, stallions, foals and the like she trotted forward intent on her destination. As she wondered across the meadow she took notice at the different types of horses there. 

Some stocky, others slim. Some the dark color of  night, and some the bright white of the morning. She even  saw some with wings, and pelts colored like flowers. She had never seen such a diverse group. She had also never felt so plain.

Her whole life she had considered herself quite the regular horse. Her pelt the color of burning embers, her mane like the moon. Never (until now)  had she considered herself boring. Nour scolded herself quietly  for having such thoughts, for she couldnt change the way she was born. 

"But your eyes are blue, and not everyone can have that ." She whickered triumphantly, reaching the trees as she did so. 

The shift in temperature was not immediate, but it was there. She sighed, contempt for the first time in a while. Her eyes closed briefly as she reveled in the cool of the shade, her tail flicking useless at her sides. 

Part of her strongly wanted to go and make conversation with someone. Another part of her begged to stay here and rest for a while among the trees. 

With some effort she decided upon the first choice. She needed friends after all. She lifted her head, wondering who she would approach. At random selection she chose, trotting forward giddily.
    If not today, Why not tomorrow? 
    Everything changed since the last time he was here in beqanna, since he had a little family and a daughter too. But now everyone was scattered and he hasn't seen not heard from his family for such a long while he had just lost hope. So here he was a line stallion in the meadows. The red roan sighed softly as the sun beat down on his pelt making his body start to slick with sweat and his long mane stick uncomfortably against his neck.

He watched warily as he passed aplethera of horses varying with colors and traits. None of whom he wished to talk to so he maneuvered his lithe 16.2 hand tall form toward a group of trees offering shade from the relentless Sun. But he soon figured out that he wasn't alone. Not I'm the least. His green eyes assessed her form, she was smaller than him by a little and her pelt a pretty dark honey color and her mane just as white as the first snow fall. He bowed his head slightly in politeness.

"The shade feels nice doesn't it? By the way my name is Skullu you can call me Skull." he said his tone rich it soft at the same time like melting butter on silk. He had always been the kind strong protective type. He doesn't have a cruel bone in his body unless you mess with someone who means dearly to the stag.

"By the way, what is you name miss?" he said chuckling softly and cocking his head to the said his vibrant green eyes alight with humor.
    Nour jumped slightly at the voice, for she had not noticed the stallion before. She looked him over quickly. He wasnt much larger than she, his pelt a rich red, eyes like the grass, and a mane as dark as night. She smiled in return to his words, for she had been looking for a friend..and the stallion, Skull he had said, seemed kind enough.

"Lovely to make your acquaintance Skull. My name is Nour." She replied, her voice just as soft as the streams that streaked across the meadow.

Despite his name, Skull seemed just as she. Friendly, and tired. She wondered briefly why he was here alone. Most stallions she had seen came with their families, Skull however (as far as she could guess) had come here alone.

"May I ask what brings you to the meadows?"
    She inquired sweetly, head tilting to the side slightly. Nour shifted, the grass brushing her legs in reply to the movement.

"I myself have come to make friends."
    Her smile was light, softening her light features.
    Skull smirked when she jumped at the sound of his voice. He bowed his head in apology "I'm sorry miss for startling you" he said with a soft grin on his face. His ear pricked forward as she spoke in a soft tone that reminded him of fresh spring grass she was beautiful all in her self but that's just Skull's thinking.

"A pleasure Nour" he said flicking his black tail at his side in thought as she spoke his ears catching every word. He shook his head and sighed softly at the splattered dark mare "I have merely just come back to beqanna. I was looking for my family, I have been for years and I haven't seen or heard from them. I've lost all hope" Skullu ranted slightly then cutting himself off because he was just being depressing Syl would of laughed.

"Anyways I'm here to do the same. Make friends" he said the kind look on his face and the glimmer in his eye returning as he changed the subject from himself to her "So what brings you here to beqanna?" he asked shuffling a little closer to her but still a respectful distance.
    She laughed quietly, shaking off his apology quickly.

"Dont be. Im sorry I didnt see you there."

Her smiles faultered  briefly as he told her about his family.

Nour knew what it felt like to loose everything. Including her hope.

The smile returned quickly a he spoke of happier things, her ears tilting forward to catch his words. "I wanted to visit I suppose. It has been a very long time since I have seen Beqanna."
    Memories of the place washed over her like a wave, the words she spoke gracing her with the thoughts. She couldnt think of anything horrible that was associated with this wonderful place. Only laughter and joy.

Two things the crimson mare had come to miss in the past year. Like Skull she had lost people dear to her. In her mind, returning here would hopefully bless her with happiness like it did so many seasons before.

"This place just makes me happier everytime I visit." She chuckled. Even if she hadnt met Skull -whom she presumed was now her friend- she was certainly over joyed. The bright blue of the sky, and the vibrant colors of the flowers that seemed brighter here somehow.

"And happy is a good thing to be."