• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Prevail
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    It takes him all of about two seconds the decide that he rather likes her. The sweet trill of her voice, the blue mask overlaying the finely wrought bones of her delicate features, the gentle curve of her elegant horns, the slope of her neck meeting her slim back, the glimmering softness of her rouged coat - all shaped just so, all creating a perfect picture of lovely, youthful beauty.

He has always been something of a connoisseur of beauty, whether it be that of his most recent companion or the delicate, soft petals of a rose or the glitter of ice at sunset.

And it absolutely delights him that she has not seen snow before. All the easier for him to introduce her to its unique loveliness. He can just about picture the wonder on her face at her first glimpse of frosted fields and blankets of unbroken white. Her wry comment drags him back from his fractious musings, startling a laugh from deep in his chest.

Oh yes, he does rather like to talk. A lot. And he has never been shy about admitting it. Of course, pretty much anything that goes through his head pops out of his mouth, so it should be no surprise that he would so openly admit to his myriad failings.

His boisterous laugh settling into a grin, he quips good naturedly, “Well, you’ll never have to wonder what I’m thinking,” before offering her a jaunty wink. No one would ever accuse him of being subtle either. Stepping nearer to her, he softly continues, “You’re quite welcome Prevail. I only speak the truth.”

Coming alongside her, he runs a slow, almost tentative caress along the glittering strands of her mane, enjoying the gentle tinkling of ice and the occasional teasing stroke of soft skin beneath the parting of ice-coated locks. “I learn something new every day.” His voice is muffled against her neck, the warmth of his breath heating the delicate, ephemeral crystals he had placed there. “I bet there is all kinds of things I could show you.”
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Prevail - by Fox - 05-20-2017, 03:15 PM