• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

allure, any

Wow. He'd never seen someone the color she was. He wasn't even aware that she'd probably never seen the color he was either; lavender and white was so very normal to him and his twin, and his father. But her.. she was sort of red, like that little bit Reilly had but it covered way more of her. Reilly was mostly all white. And Mother was just a soft, mousey sort of brown. He supposed this girl sort of faded a bit like mother's brown, but it was nice to look at regardless. In fact, he walked a quiet circle around her just to see it all, a pleased smile fairly glued to his young face.

A full year old now, though. Tall and slender with medium-length, wind-tousled hair. Lavender and white, naturally, same with the softly marbled wings pinned comfortably at his sides. The only one on the island with wings, that he knew of. With nobody to teach him, he'd never learned to fly. A sad sort of secret he kept to himself.

Hello, he greeted lightly, filling the space at her side without thought. His was such an affectionate family, and being so close to another was entirely normal to him. His wing lifted and settled lightly across her back so it wasn't in the way between them. There wasn't much else to do with those things. He brushed his muzzle along her neck and breathed in her scent, wild and crisp like the rest of the island. But he'd never seen her before til now, finally old enough to venture further away from his watchful guardians.

I'm Kharon. You live here too? I've never seen you before. Where's your family? Are there many of them? Do they look like you too? He blushed and took a side-step away, retracting his wing back to his side and glancing away then back again. Sorry, he said quietly, ducking his head and silently chiding himself on speaking too much and too quickly in his excitement. I just.. haven't seen anyone but my family here. What's your name?

image © brenda del rio photography
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

He tells her "ooh love".

Where Kharon went, Kylin was never far away.

Only in rare cases they ventured further away from each other sides. She had followed him a little behind, curious to see what had caught his attention.  It surely must be something good, otherwise he would’ve never dropped their game. He knew how much it meant to her. She liked their games, no matter what or with who they were playing.

But, like him, she has forgotten their game. Her hazel eyes look at the reddish girl, curious. Though she does not circle her like her brother does, instead deciding to keep her distance. For Kylin was curious to see what he would do too. And how the girl would react to it.

Who was she, by the way? Father had claimed this land for them, for their family, safely on their isle surrounded by sea. How had this young girl gotten on their isle? Not that Kylin disliked her presence, not at all, the sweet little thing she was. But it was kinda curious how she had gotten here and why.

Kharon voices out her question, there is no need for her to ask them herself. Slowly she moves to join him, pressing her up at this side. He had his little fun with this girl, now it was her time. Her muzzle follows the curve of his neck, only stopping once she reaches his shoulder. Her eyes close for a moment a she breaths in his scent, silently wishing he would wrap his wing around her. ”I’m Kylin” she then says, hazel gaze moving to the red girl, her smile sweet and genuine. Extending her neck she reaches out towards he girl, offering her scent.

Allure
    the stars will guide the way
    Although she was a year old now, she hadn’t spent much time away from her mother. Her twin had always been a bit more independent - much like the rest of their siblings - but Allure preferred to stay at her mother’s side. She had been with Ea when the herd of purple came to take over their island; taken her first steps outside the island as someone with no home trailing closely behind her mother. But when they returned, Ea had encouraged Allure to journey away from her. Ea preferred to be alone - with the exception of the company of her immediate family - but she wanted her children to explore and meet new people.

Allure reluctantly agreed to leave her mother alone for a short period of time. She did not, however, expect to be immediately harassed, especially by a pair of purple twins. For a moment, she is saddened thinking of her own twin, wondering when he would make his return to Ischia - but then the colt wraps a wing around her side and she is abruptly brought back to reality. She freezes in shock - her family was fiercely loyal to each other, but rarely physically affectionate, and she had never been touched by a complete stranger. The boy backs off after a few rapid-fire questions and she relaxes as he steps away.

“I’m Allure,” she says, hazel eyes looking back and forth between the twins, trying to remember all of the questions. She shrinks away shyly as Kylin reaches out, but continues: “Some of my family is here. I think. We all look a little different but not any purple. My mom is Ea. She created this island!” She finishes confidently, despite not being completely accurate.

THEY SAY IT'S OVER AND I'M FINE AGAIN
    Twins were a rare and wondrous thing. Except for Beqanna, where they seemed to be in abundance, and never without the other.

Grimdark was a twin, and was tired of being reminded about it.

He and his sister were no more alike than if they had been born to two separate sets of parents. The mere fact that they had shared a womb aside, Grim had no prior connections to his twin or this island. Instead he chose to venture far from here, where Allure had stayed close to home. He had grown very large--his silver body was thick and well-wrapped with rusty bands of color. Hazel eyes peered out through a thick mess of a dark grey mop of hair that fell in his eyes. Why he had come back here, to this god-forsaken island to which he had been born, and then summarily abandoned....he had no idea. Maybe it was Mother. Maybe it was Allure.

He has no idea what has transpired here. He does not care. His antipathy for most... well, anything keeps him from caring about pretty much everything. He is non-commital at best, and his voice is gravelly from lack of use. He prefers his own company, and if there is one thing Grim cannot possibly stand, it is stupidity. And so, usually he finds himself alone.

The warm sun washes over his body as he walks his way through the beach. Sand kicks up loosely over his body; the sound of voices on the horizon causes him to come out of his reverie. A lip curls when he sees that his sister is among them, along with two purple people eaters.

A wary smile is on his face as he steps back away from them, attempting quietly to turn away. He has not come right up on them, perhaps he can return to his solitude.
    GRIMDARK
    deimos x ea, dragon vision, twilight manipulation, twin to allure
    kharon
    She'd tensed at his touch and relaxed at his distance, and he grimaced inwardly. She was uncomfortable with him. Maybe he was not as beautiful as he thought he was. Was he really grotesque? But no, of course he was attractive. He looked just like Father, only not as shiny, and Father was extravagant. Maybe there was something wrong with her, instead. Ah yes, that was it. She wasn't used to such familiar affection as his family shared with each other. That was okay, then.

And then Kylin was there, filling his side with her reassuring presence. There, see? He wasn't that terrible-looking or Kylin wouldn't be so comfortable with him. Although, that would mean she was also not beautiful as they were nearly identical, and clearly that was not true. She was stunning and had a brilliant smile that could light up the darkest days. He shivered at her touch as she introduced herself, his feathers ruffling and resettling at his side before he turned back to their new companion.

"I'm Allure. Some of my family is here. I think. We all look a little..."

Her voice faded to the background as his mind focused on a new, nearby presence, his face drawing pensive as though deep in thought on one of her comments. Dark and indifferent, this new one. He'd never heard their thoughts before either, just as stranger to him as the girl Allure here. And apparently her twin, as it turned out. He was immediately wary of her brother, and didn't make any move to acknowledge that he was aware of him nearby, as the boy seemed to prefer it anyway. If he wanted to be left alone, Kharon sure wasn't going to intrude.

He refocused on Allure with another easy smile, gray eyes shining. "That's neat!" He wasn't sure what she'd said last, but it was vague enough to fill in with just about anything she could've said, he thought. "I'm Kharon," he paused and reflected on their meeting thus far. Oh. "Sorry, I already said that. Sometimes I forget." He smiled a little sheepishly and blushed. He gave Kylin a gentle nudge with his shoulder. "Kylin says I get lost in thought sometimes." It was more often like what had just happened, where his mind would focus on another's thoughts, but he'd chosen to keep his ability a secret when he realized how hurtful it could be.

"Your family must not wander much to be so new to us. We practically roam all over the island now that we're bigger. We love exploring! What sort of things do you like to do? Maybe you can join us some time?"
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

He tells her "ooh love".

As the girl shirks away from her touch, Kylin pulls back, giving Allure the space she probably needs. The had seemed pretty taken aback by Kharon before, so she could only imagine why she would pull away. All the more of Kharon for her though. She briefly presses her lips against her brother’s shoulder. Ears turn in Allure’s direction and she curiously looks back at those equally hazel eyes. ”She created our home? Wow” Kylin asks a little awestruck.

First Kharon’s wings and the way he could speak in her head. Father’s metallic form had come second and at the Lake she had met Ivar who could hold his breath so long that he could swim to the very bottom of it. But that was all nothing compared to creating a whole island.

The sprawled up sand catches her attention. She turns to look in the direction and her eyes land on a dark individual moving away from them. Puzzled her head tilts a little, but she does not speak up and call out to him, simply because she does not know what to say.

Playfully she nips his shoulder, grinning at him. ”Are you already getting this old that you’re forgetting stuff?” she teases him, only looking at Allure to smile apologetic at the other girl. She was about to say something, but Kharon beat her to it. She grins, nudging  him back. ”He does, often” she replies with a wink to Allure. Then she kisses his cheek again, as to tell him she doesn’t mind and that she’s sorry to tease him with it.

This time she has nothing to add. And as long Kharon wouldn’t completely forget about her, she wouldn’t mind a new friend or another companion on their trips. So Kylin is looking at Allure with an eager smile, purple ears pinned forward.