• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This is my design [Cress]

.Terran.

It hadn’t really taken my wings that long to grow. Only a few days, really (but those days had been like hell, painful, horrible hell) and the weight that added to my newly rounded shoulders gave me something of a new outlook on life. I wasn’t plain anymore. Danger seemed unable to threaten my peaceful existence and where once everyone looked away, now I could feel countless eyes on me whenever I decided to mingle among the rest of the dispersed crowd. It was nice, in a way, but it was more so uncomfortable. Being invisible had been my thing, ya know … and this new attention was a mixture of bad and good.

Not to mention that even as I waded my way through the throng of horseflesh I still didn’t seem to have a good handle on where they were at all times. Two of the four wings had grown incredibly large, for strength of flying and speed, I guessed. The latter two hadn’t grown as impressively, but they laid comfortably lower on my spine, for aerial prowess and stability. Didn’t matter - I still couldn’t manage to get more than a few feet off the ground and they always, always knocked into others.

Though tucked close to my body, the four golden appendages still manage to batter the sides of a nearby horse and I turn quickly with a somewhat sheepish expression to apologize, “So sorry,” slipping out of my pale mouth while my shaded amber eyes glance the equine over quickly, “They’re new.”

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

All picture rights reserved to Drawotion via Tumblr

@[Cress]
    all that we have amassed sits before us, shattered into ash
    I am not homeless any longer.

The thought fills her with peace as she wanders towards the Meadow, her deep brown eyes glowing in the autumn sunlight. The Taiga is her home now; a seemingly chilly place for the golden woman, but Jinju had promised her pine forests and Ruan had quelled her doubts by describing the land to her. She is excited but nervous to be a part of a kingdom-like setting again and maybe that is why she has not yet crossed the border into the Taiga. Will they accept her? Will her heart truly be in it, like it was when she was a member of the Valley? Nothing can replace her former home, but she desperately wants something to take its place. She has been alone for so long.

Cress, too, has grown new wings, those that belong to a dragon. Without her healing, she has to admit that it was a painful, arduous process, but she is entralled with them all the same. The wingbones are covered in scales that are a burnished copper-gold to match her coat, and the thick, leathery material that stretches between each wingbone is cream. In her eyes, there has never been anything more beautiful or dangerous as her wings, though for now she has been keeping them furled and resting along her spine. Without her healing factor, she's admittedly afraid to take to the skies just yet. What if something goes wrong?

Lost in her thoughts, she hardly even notices the stallion's wings until they slap into her side, and she jerks to full alertness immediately. The bald-faced man turns to her and apologizes sheepishly, and she laughs. "It's no problem. As are mine," she responds, and there's a playful gleam in her eyes as she reaches out to brush her nose against once of his golden appendages. "Though I must admit, yours just might beat mine for 'wow' factor." At that, she lets her own wings fall limply at her sides, the golden scales glittering in the sunlight.

"I'm Cress."
    cress
    oxytocin x kindling

infected.

.Terran.

I don’t have a home yet, technically. According to Beqanna standards anyways (and besides, what kind of standards are those?) but I did have a home at one point. Before the entire world was turned on its head. Horses are instinctual, herd-bound creatures, I know this, but being close to them in proximity has always been enough. The inner workings of kingdom drama … that seemed a tad excessive to me. What doesn’t seem excessive is the understanding the mare gives me in return for my casual bump. I’m always uncertain of others true intentions, so my reserved gaze searches her own for hints of falsehood as her laughter dies away. Brazen, this one, when her nose glides atop the few feathers nearest to her, “I’d have to disagree with you,” I counter, finding that I don’t mind the interaction.

Hers are foreboding, papery-like, and fantastic. I’m a huge fan. “So I suppose we can just call it a tie.” I offer, settling my own appendages tightly to my sides so that I can turn about to face her properly. “Terran.” I tell her, my bone-white head nodding softly, “You wouldn’t know how to use them, would you?” I question, nose jutting outward to indicate her own set. “I’m still very new to the practice and could use some tips.”

Tips. Ha.

I’m a riot.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

All picture rights reserved to Drawotion via Tumblr