• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tyrna

This was bad timing. Really bad timing. Especially after whatever-the-hell that was with Circinae that had him second guessing every little thing he says, every move he makes around anyone else. Really terrible timing.

But it had been so long already, and waiting longer to seek her out would only make things worse. He'd said he'd see her again soon, and it had been, what, months now? God, but during breeding season? His first without his wife. Ex-wife. Yes, damn. Ex-wife. Not married. Still, the season was getting to him, unable to help but compare it to his last seasons when he was -when he had a love, a family. Such terrible timing. He was a mess.

It didn't show, though, when he found her. As usual, he was solid and calm on the surface with a damn blizzard ripping through his insides and turning his skin ice-cold, fogging his breath before him. He was glad he hadn't really ever touched her but the once, glad she wouldn't expect any kind of embrace in familial greeting. Although, after Circinae, now he was more afraid to give any affection at all to anyone not of his direct family. What would they think of his intentions? Too much? What a mess.

He should be free to pass whatever contact he wished towards anyone without the fear of appearing too forward. These were his people, his family. And he was yet barely absolved of his marriage, and still felt married most of the time regardless.

It seemed it would take him a great deal of time to get through this.
    As it should, he supposed. The pain wasn't so welcomed, though.

"Tyrna," he greeted with yet another apologetic smile, the blue of his eyes seeking hers. He was often apologizing each time he met her again, failing to keep in contact as he should. All the changes, and his losses, had kept him preoccupied, but that should be no excuse. There wasn't any excuse to neglect his people. And Tyrna had stayed faithful and true through all the turmoil shaking his life. She deserved better treatment.

He didn't apologize in words, trusting instead in the strange bond they seemed to have at times, letting it show so baldly in his regretful eyes and the sad tilt in his feeble smile. "I trust you are well? How have you been?" In these months that you have given me the space I needed. In all this time that I have neglected our friendship. He came to stop before her, momentarily tracing the blue in her legs and noting the healthy sheen in her coat, in the fill of her sides and muscle tone. Good, she was well. But was she happy?

His steady gaze returned to hers and held it.