• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any
    iset

theres an old man sitting on a throne thats saying...

Iset watched Sakir stretch his thin neck out towards the white mare, and felt a pang deep in her heart, in a place she had been trying to ignore ever since she had fled the Dunes. It was so familiar, if the mare only shrunk down and adopted the lanky body and shiny brown coat of the filly, it would be like looking into a memory. Sakir pressing his soft muzzle to her neck after a particularly brutal attack, tracing the bloody scars He inflicted with a look of pain mirroring her own shining bright in his eyes. Folding his legs and laying beside her when she couldn’t remember the strength to stand, pillowing his head on the bumpy, too prominent ridge of her spine. 

The apparition faded as soon as it had hit her, Sakir’s scratchy words of acceptance jolting her from her reverie. He was scaring her. What on earth was he talking about? She wondered. Dying? He wasn't dying. If he tried to die on her now, after she had just found him, she would kill him. His eyes, so like hers, fell on her, and it sounded harsh to say but she was sorely disappointed in his reaction. 

No joyful greeting, no tears of joy, or anger, or sadness. Just a blank stare passing right through her small body. 

Well this won’t do at all.

Placing one hoof in front of the other, Iset put her game face one and marched still closer to the pair. Keeping one eye on the still white mare, she focused the majority of her attention on her twin. “Sakir! Get up!” she said, and though her words were curt, she fought a bubbling laugh as they escaped her maw. The joy she felt at seeing her twin again coursed uninterrupted through her veins, and she felt unfamiliar tears stab harshly at her eyes.

She crow hopped once in her excitement before rushing to her brothers side and collapsing, reversing the roles they played in a time that felt so long ago, and relishing in the solid feeling of his body pressed against hers, and the heartbeat she could feel reciprocated in her own neck. "You're here."

...I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut

@[Sakir] @[sanaa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any - by Iset - 04-26-2017, 08:10 PM