• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any

Wings! 

Through the blurriness of brimming tears, he saw them first before he really saw her. They were folded loosely against her sides, but there was no mistaking what they were as she drew near, emerging from darkness and shadow, her pale form separating from the blend of tangled branches. Sakir had never seen anything like her, though rumblings of her kind were a part of the Dunes old folklore, of majestic winged equine circling high in the skies like windsurfing hawks. Sakir gulped nervously, his eyes growing impossibly larger, the pain and hurt reflected there transforming for the briefest of moments into awe. And he decided she must be some sort of goddess, perhaps sent to aid his search for his family. He was about to rise, to muster whatever strength he had to stand before her, to show her that he was worthy of her help. But then he realised suddenly, that whilst he was captivated with her, she didn’t seem to see him… she wasn’t going to stop. Any plan to stand was aborted as he realised he’d be no sooner knocked back down. Sakir squeezed his eyes tight and braced for impact, rocking himself to the side as if it would somehow lesson the blow. 

A blow that did not come. Instead what he felt was featherlight and tenderly warm. And reactively he leaned into that gentle caress of her muzzle. Leaned into it and pictured Iset. How he would press his muzzle softly against her cheek when she was fiery with anger and hurting. They’d always had each other. He should have run with her. He should never had reasoned it was better to stay. 

No,” he sniffled, meeting her gentle eyes. “I’ve lost my sister. She’s gone.” And Amet, he’d lost his brother too. But he could handle himself, he was older, stronger, determined. “I think…” his chest racked with an uncontrolled sob. “I think gone forever.” His fault. He was supposed to be there for her, protect her, calm her. She needed him, and he her. And Sakir felt so small, so insignificant. He reached for the goddess with his quivering muzzle. She would help him. Surely that’s why she was here…

Unexpectedly, and rather sudden, a set of dusty legs infiltrated his centre vision, and he pulled his muzzle back to his chest, narrowly averting a solid whack. ‘Sakir’ they croaked, sounding more like dying animal. And he realised with a start that perhaps that was what was happening. He was dying. Too weak and malnourished to continue on, his world no longer making much sense. “Oh, I understand,” he whispered to the white goddess, accepting. “You’ve come to take me to the world beyond.” And he peered up and upon the beautifully solid illusion of his fiery twin, perhaps he would see her again soon.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any - by Sakir - 04-24-2017, 07:27 PM