• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a stranger to you; sirana, anyone
    C R O T A

"That is wonderful!" The spotted mare's words are bright and airy as her heart jumps in excitement. Her first potential recruit! It was a good feeling after working so hard the past year to bring some sort of life to the hills. She knew she wasn't good at this, not yet. She had yet to hone her skills,to put forth her best effort possible. Though she had continued trying and maybe, just maybe, her efforts were finally proving fruitful.

"If you do choose to stay, please, don't hesitate to let me know. We would love to have you!" Turning towards the border of the field she took a few steps and looked behind her, making sure the others were following. "Fox, if you choose to come at a later time, I will make sure you are warmly welcomed. But if you come now, don't hesitate to follow us." She smiles happily, her lips stretching upward kindly before she steps forward leading Sirana, and even Fox if he so chose towards through the northern lands of Beqanna towards the hills.

It takes a hike that lasts a few hours, but when a light coat of sweat is finally covering the front of her chest and up her neck towards her throat they finally reach the outer edges of the hills, and with a silent awe she looks across her homeland. It has been a while since she had just stopped and looked out at the rolling hills covered in emerald green grasses with cacti and fern growing next to each other as they poked out from the bottom of the boulders that dotted across the landscape.

Taking a deep breath she looks towards Sirana and smiles softly. "This is it, this is the Hills." She looks back towards the land, her bright blue eyes tracing over the small streams and creeks with their turquoise blue waters as they twisted and turned between the rolling edges, sparkling brightly. "Welcome to my home," Smiling she looks towards the other. "Shall we go in?"

@[Sirana]
    @[Fox]
    hey! Sorry for the long wait! It's been a busy busy week and I wanted to give Fox/Insane a chance to reply Smile
    Sirana couldn't hide her excitement either as Crota encouraged both the golden mare and the stallion to follow after back to her kingdom, a notion Sirana was all too eager to follow. Glancing at Fox and motioning for him to come, hoping he would, Sirana trotted to catch up to the spotted mare.

The journey was mostly made in silence, save for a couple rounds of witty banter or pleasant conversation. Sirana wasn't the funniest horse, but it was clear she had inherited a small sense of humor from her parents when she occasionally cracked jokes as the horses hiked through the various terrain patches that made up the path to the Hills. Sirana was careful with each step, knowing she couldn't afford to be injured and left out here. She knew that no horse in the Sylva kingdom would abandon her, especially not her dam and sister, but that didn't mean she openly trusted other horses.

Not since her sire gave her away to a rival stallion, that same stallion trading his herd away not even a full half-year to another that Sirana quickly grew to dislike for his highhoofedness and pompous attitude that the mares in his herd should love him as a leader or a lover. Neither sounded appealing to Sirana, which is why she'd gotten away the first chance she got. And now, she was seeking a new home, hoping it wouldn't turn out as it had gone last time.

Though Sirana was young and fit, the hike also took a lot out of her considering it was her first time in a while scaling terrain like this. After the Reckoning and Njenyi's herd settled, she wasn't allowed to go very far from the others, meaning she couldn't go to explore and get a lay of the land. This put her at a disadvantage when it came to investigating new places, unfamiliar with the terrain challenges until she met them head on. Scaling through hills like this on the way to the Hills kingdom itself wasn't the biggest challenge, but hard on her legs after so many days of grazing on even ground.

Finally, after what seemed like forever to some, the horses arrived at the Hills territory, the golden mare's eyes widening at seeing the splendor of the land stretching out before her. Crota introduced the land to the golden mare, asking if she wished to enter and go exploring. Sirana had only one answer, to which she look at Crota and just barely restrained herself from exclaiming in an excited tone,

"Yes please. I'd love to see what this place looks like!"
    I'm so sorry for the wait! Please pretend I did not fall off the face of the earth :|

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He's a poor recruiter, so caught up in other, more important things as he is. And charming young ladies, that's always fun. Even if it doesn't go anywhere. Still, he wouldn't be Fox if he did not.

Besides, the thought of visiting another kingdom is far too exciting to pass up. Especially a new one. He is a world class explorer (or so he likes to believe), and this is a prime opportunity. If one watched him closely, one might almost be able to see the thrill vibrating from him simply from the thought.

With a wide smile and a quick, hastily subdued little jig, he agrees readily. ”Oh goodness. That is not an opportunity I can pass up. Lead on!”

With a little bounce, the young stallion jogs after the pair of mare's, allowing his hold on the rose to fade so that it begins to melt in the warm light of the day.

Having grown up in Tephra and spending his youth exploring pretty much everywhere, the journey is not particularly difficult. And the Hills, when they arrive, are spectacular. With a wide amber gaze, he scans the surrounding landscape before simply exclaiming ”Oh, it's awesome Crota!”

That contagious grin curving his lips once more, he turns to his companions. ”It's fantastic! I can't wait to see it.”
    Fox
    she ain't got a care in this old weary world, she's an independent girl.
    The excitement is humming through her as she stands at the border waiting for their okay to enter and explore. It is the first time she is able to show off her home to those who had not yet been there and something about that is beyond thrilling. She wants the world to be able to find her home a safe place, a place they can explore and enjoy just as much as she... That is for now. She is still not one hundred percent sure what the hills hold for them all, but she knows it will come to her soon. Building a home like this takes time, and she hopes that the faeries will recognize her hard work and see and understand that when the time comes. 

When Sirana moves up next to her, asking to see her home, she smiles happily and nods before looking to Fox. His excited nature makes her laugh softly in happiness. "I am so glad you think so!" Glancing between them both she steps forward, leading them into her homeland. "I am so excited to show you both my home. Even if you do not stay, it makes me happy that I can show it off to two horses that are so kind and such wonderful company." Looking back towards them both she smiles brilliantly before leading them deeper into the kingdom. For a while the most to see were just simple rollings of the landscape at different heights with it's jagged boulders poking out here and there. Until finally they come upon the center, where the vegetation is it's thickest, the trees grow tall and strong and waters of the creeks and rivers come together to form a turquoise colored lake beneath the trees branches. 

The water is crystal clear when they come close, and the pebbles colored different colors by the minerals in the sand and dirt on the lakes bottom shine clearly through the water, making the lake seem like a colorful work of art. Around it's edges ferns and tall cacti grow alongside river weeds and the willow trees dip their branches into the water lazily but elegantly. She stands there for a moment in silence, staring out at the lake's surface watching as a small flock of ducks come swooping in to land on it's surface and once they are still, floating quietly she turns to Fox and Sirana, her eyes sparkling with true happiness. "This is one of my favorite places here. It's so beautiful, don't you think? I feel it must be this way because it is either so new, or simply untouched until now. Though I have been dying to share it with more than just myself."

Smiling she looks back towards the lake, her eyes tracing over the mountain tops that line the background behind the scene and with a soft sigh she nods in silent approval of the place she had chosen to call her home. "Great things can happen here. At least, I hope so. I believe that depends on her residents more so than just myself." It is the first location she choses to show them, but it doesn't mean it is the last and with ease she grows silent, allowing them the opportunity to ask her their own questions and be as curious as they may want. 

Crota

@[Sirana]
    @[Fox]