• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

peeps in the microwave | any

A summer night led them there, by moonlight they traveled – father and daughter. Father much bigger than daughter, much darker, much thicker. Their eyes did glow together, though, like beads of bright glass they catch the silver light of the moon as they walk quietly down the narrow path. The lands are all different since the father has been gone, Kota too, though they’ve been separated for a year or so now. Kota watched the mountain rise, she watched her toil for a whole day to build it. Things have been stripped, times have changed, the world has morphed and melted only to  be reformed again before the young girl’s very eyes. Chemdog barely finds any concern within himself when it comes to Beqanna’s faded scars and new terrain, new barriers and different schemes. He lets his daughter lead the way, she apparently knows where it is she would like to go…He, however, has no preferences so far.

Somewhat blindly he follows her down the wooded pathways that twist and carve between the thick, sentinel bodies of ancient reaching trees. The mists are starting to accumulate, to settle after dancing in from the great beyond – wherever the mists live during the bright, hot days of summer only to crawl out in the moonlight or on a moist rainy day. My daughter is like the mists, he thinks to himself as he follows her pale body through the shadows. He grins to himself, seeing her mother’s fierceness in her, his own tenacity and cleverness in her voice and her actions. He’s legitimately proud of his little healing daughter of fog and stone. Solid, cold, wet-eyed predator – fluid yet together, smooth, silent little wanderer; fog and stone and certainly some other fun forces she has yet to discover of herself just yet. Fire will be sure to surface soon enough, I’m sure.

Kyrie darling,” [as in valkyrie; he pronounces it ‘Ky -  Ree’] his throat clears and he jogs to catch up to his slender, silent-footed child. “Where is it we’re headed…exactly?” His daughter’s icy eyes flicker and he can see a grin on her rosy little lips. He laughs, knowing she will only say things in convoluted form or nothing at all. 

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

for anyone, but i'm assuming canaan will want to say hey ;D
    i'm posting his daughter with him as well, but i'm sure you can see that.

Hush.” She giggles but this is not innocent giggle, more like a chortle, a prod at his attempt to ask her something he knew she would not tell him. “Hear that?” She plants all four of her small hardened toes into the soil beneath her – her ears flip up to the sounds of rushing water. Her eyes dart in all directions and she tosses her head to the left of them. Her father looks to the small, very narrow path leading off of the main travel-way and back to her. “We’re almost there, relax.” She shoves him playfully as she leads the way, trotting now instead of that plunky, patient pace they held before.

A few miles later, dawn now threatening to peak over the mountains she begins to slow down to a walk once again. “Ah.” She grins, a woman’s grin, a satisfied grin of victory. “We’re here, Da. They call it…’The River’.” She walks across the small hills between them and an enormous oak, her arms stretching out over trodden moss-bed and roots. Chemdog pulled in front of her, nose to the ground, he’s clearly got his own investigating to do. The daughter, her eyes bright and catching the magentas and golds of the impending morning as she scans the landscape for any sign of this ‘Camaan’. She hasn’t a clue what he looks like besides that an acquaintance told her he might be lighter rather than dark and he’s got wings. He’s allowing a few herds, she heard and such a thing interests her and of course her loving father – her father, bless him, makes for good muscle (and occasionally some brains). She has no desire to be a ring leader, but may require a group…her ideas are still new, still in fetal stages, but she knows her first step is to gain a home and then a tribe. This she knows for certain.

So. Where is he? She ponders this while looking around, moving from edge to edge of the underside of this mammoth tree. Not many live here, not yet anyway, something that gives her some relief.

Kota
    those great whites,
    they have big teeth

so basically she's led her dad to the oak tree at the river because someone told her canaan is letting whoever chill and things are chill and everythings chill. chemdog will want to have a small herd and who knows what kota is planning but anyway...they're here xDDD

She had wandered about the lands for some time now.  Not seeing more than one other equine.  Or at least no others had approached her.  She was a wanderer so she was ok on her own...

She walked along the banks of the river.  Littered with stones of all colors and sizes but most resembled her own coat color.  Ebony dipped legs moved her along it's natural twists and turns.  Bidding her time as she moved along, she had no where to be.  Gentle breeze tossed ebony tassels about her earthy hide...

Emerging from the banks and onto more solid terrain she looked about.  Steel eyes scanned the area in curiousity.  The wind carried voices upon it so her ears flickered about.  Catching the sources direction she moved forward in that direction.  Coming into view was two figures who she had not seen in Beqanna before.  This wasn't the first territory she had wandered into.  Stopping within hearing distance she called a greeting, "Hello there.  I am Neon." Inquisitive look upon her features as she waits for a response... 
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.

Well hello,” His head whips to lay a pair of lit teal eyes on the smoky mare. He moves toward her without hesitation, offering her the end of his dark silk-skin nose, long whiskers reaching out several inches from where their base. The winter is bringing on his thickened coat and with it comes a scraggly beard dripping from his chin, each coming year makes it thicker and longer. “Neon.” He repeats her name, molests it over his tongue, grinning and gently finding her lips and then moving slowly back to touch her neck, touching just below where her mane falls behind her cheekbone. “You’re quite beautiful, my smoke colored friend.” He pulls away, swiftly if she lashes out at him, quiet and slow if she does not.

Chemdog.” His tail flips across his hocks, it is heavy with dreads and almost drags behind him. He peers at her side ways, letting his long forelock tumble off of his faces and covering his other eye, exposing one to examine her. “My pleasure to meet you, Miss Neon.” His eyes slide to his daughter who’s promptly ignoring them both, looking for this male who apparently runs this whole operation here. Chemdog has little concern for finding this stallion – clearly if he wasn’t allowed to be here, he would have figured it out by now, so fuck it, I’ll set up shop.

Don’t mind my daughter dearest, Kota, you probably won’t see her much anyways and she’ll most likely never acknowledge anyone even when you do see her…so..seriously,” He mocks a sigh, “Just never mind her.” He looks  over and his pale daughter bends one ear to them and moves off to disappear into the shadows without a sound. She’s waited long enough and her father clearly seems to have found what he needs in a home. Food, water, vagina. He’s all set.

His eyes drift back to Neon. “You alone?” His grin straightens, deepens even and his teal eyes widen just a smidge. He doesn’t take any setps forward or even lean in, they are alone now and such actions (though he wants to so very badly) may scare such a rape-able little thing – he wouldn’t want to do that, no no. Charmer, not a rap-er. Well. Most days.

c h e m d o g

Kota took off, so no need to wait for her response <3
    @[Neo.n]
    Steele hued eyes watched the pair without much alarm.  Ebony dipped ears fell to the side in content.  They looked similar so she assumed they were related.  Traveling to the River to seek a home.  She was flighty herself and found herself here in her wanderings.  The leader of the kingdom was aloof most days so she wasn't surprised he hadn't shown himself already.  More a protector than commander.  She was curious though and enjoyed conversing with newcomers...

This pair was quite interesting.  Very polar opposite in their approach.  The female all but ignored her, which was fine.  Her ghostly figure soon disappearing into the shadows.  The male... Well he was a male that was for sure.  Looking upon his unique colors and finding his teal eyes examining her.  A greeting... Her name... A pick up line... Typical.  His muzzle extending to her as he grazed her cheek.  Her head jerked upwards as a squeal of warning rose in her throat.  Ears remained forwards as she wasn't threatened by his actions.  A warning though was given of his forwardness and her boundaries...

Ebony legs moved her a step sideways as tassels flicked upon her hock. His name soon fell from his lips and she noted it mentally to his face.  She nodded a greeting and listened as he excused his daughter.  "Tis a pleasure to meet ye both.  Welcome." She scanned his features questionably.  "What brings ye here to the River?" She wasn't sure Canaans plans for his home nor Chemdogs intentions for being here.  Steele gaze narrowing upon him as he questioned her.  Alone... She was usually alone but she was never worried to be so.  If only she could sift through his thoughts to find the deeper meaning behind his question.  Though she wasn't sure she needed to...

"I lavish in singularity," a slight pause "most days." He didn't move towards her so she stood where she was.  Ebony vale concealing a majority of her features as she waited for his next move... 
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call

He watches the suspicion swim in her steely eyes and his grin does not waver. “I am not sure what I’ve come for exactly, but I think I’ll stay.” He looks out onto the morphing horizon. Golden rays threaten to peak through the tops of the leafless oak, once the sun rises completely, light will cloak its naked branches. The tips of his coming winter coat are already lit at their ends, catching the luminance like silken webs. The galaxy of speckles across his charcoal coat seem to dance as he starts to move closer and then passed the mare.

Shall we walk?” He holds his nose to the chilly breeze blowing through, taking a deep breath. “It is a beautiful morning to wander, don’t you say?” His lips brush her shoulder rather brazenly and he moves off in at lofty trot  out into the open, stopping to look back “Will you show me around then, Neon?” His ears flip up and then back and then up again, his feet restlessly stepping in place. He’s rather ready for a run, he feels, hoping she’s up for much of the same.

c h e m d o g

@[Neo.n]
    It had been what seemed like ages since she ran.  Last being Tephra of course.  Magnus had accompanied her then.  She had enjoyed herself then but rarely sense.  He had left the kingdom to another to wander she assumed.  Quickly she followed suit, Tephra hadn't been the same after that.... To her anyhow.

Coincidentally she had run into his lineage here along the winding river.  Maybe that's why she remained, even though he had disappeared as well.  Destined to wander within this world just her and her stars...

Pondering his invitation to a tour for a moment more, she looked upon him questioning his motive.  "I 'tam sorry I do not know thee lands well enough," her gazed faultered to the turf before continuing with a smile.  "Perhaps we can explore thy lands together, yes?" She raised her eyes to meet his, gentled and calm, inviting even.

Turning her steel and ebony form to the north she waited for his lead...

Perhaps we can explore thy lands together, yes?" her shy eyes stayd onto his and he leans for her nose, brushing it with his warm lips. “Yes, lets.” And so the dark, white-faced stallion lead the way through the forests and over the rocky hills. They discover that the river bends around this fertile chunk of paradise. The forest is not thick but it stretches over miles, surrounding a lovely group of meadows full of nutritious grass and beautiful flowers. The forests are covered in moss and even have a few caves, some spots even have dwellings dug into the hillsides in random hidden spots. The River is a lovely place to linger, who needs an invitation or a leader of any kind?

So that very day, and the whole night after they explored together. Chem asked her about her family, her life and where she came from. He in turn told her of his own broken history and how he came here to find a Kingdom of free-born citizens and found it a common land, deciding to stay anyway. They separated sometime  after the tour was over, he went to go sleep next to the river and who knows where she went after. He tells himself he’ll find her again, and this time, he ponders, he’ll make a move.

c h e m d o g

wrapping this thread up, but do you want him to run into her somewhere else? i can get a thread up for you ^^
    Find
    « Next Oldest | Next Newest »