• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Romulus/Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Every so often, more often now, he finds himself here. ‘Here’ in the Field, or the Meadow, or the Den. It’s not that he doesn’t have enough descendants of his own running around that he ends up looking after (because he does tend to accumulate them), but simply that he can’t stand the idea of any child going homeless. He was homeless, once. A child abandoned not even in the relative safety of the Den, but on the sands of the Beach; and no matter how old he gets, Brennen does not forget those first few weeks of his life. If he could have chosen one place to have disappeared when Beqanna changed, it would have been the Beach.

Instead, it was everything he held dear. His Tundra was gone, and his second home in the Dazzling Waterfalls. But he has made a life for himself in Nerine, finding home in a place he would have sworn would have been too much like the Beach, and now there is another opportunity. Another reason for him to be here, winging silently over the Den. When Amet had first come to him with the gift of the Lake, the request for his presence and his aid, Brennen’s heart had leaped at the thought of reestablishing his beloved Brotherhood; but as he lifted his eyes to his youngest daughter running in the surf with the sons of Queens, Brennen had made a different decision.

The Brotherhood was home when nothing else was, but perhaps it is better if it is nothing more now than a legend. If they cannot be great again – and the odds are not in their favor – Brennen will choose to leave a legacy in a different way. He can teach and guide and protect those who will be the future, and that will make him just as happy. It is what he has already done for many years, it will just make it official.

Today he lands the Meadow, and starts to look for someone. Anyone who looks promising. Anyone young, who might want to join Iset and Amet in the Lake and start this little Kingdom for the young. The young, the brave, the lost, the searching, the curious.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Lena]/@[Romulus] if you're still interested in Brennen and Romulus chatting like you suggested a while ago?? I will still post Cassie for Puce soonish but I figured maybe Bren might be able to add Romulus to his young-people herd if you are interested. Smile

ALSO anyone else who might like to chat with Brennen and possibly get recruited for something if you're younger than 6!